MP3 Tag Editor: mp3tag

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Queue

#16 Post by Queue »

Bah, what a stupid option then. Ah well, now I know to avoid it as well.

Queue

lococobra

#17 Post by lococobra »

Yeah, seems like there should either be a generalized "WaitDelay" option, or one for each command... either way, I don't think mine is any less efficient the way it is. Just a bit uglier :P

infimum

#18 Post by infimum »

lococobra,

I appreciate your effort. Is there any way to give paths to Mp3TagPortable.exe and open them?

garbanzo

#19 Post by garbanzo »

yay!

thanks for this lococobra. it works great! i had been using a thinstalled version i found somewhere, but it was buggy, it wouldn't let me save custom actions. this one works like a charm.

great bit of software, i use it all the time to clean useless junk out of tags when i download albums. uninstalling the regular version as we speak.

i appreciate your hard work. keep it up!

lococobra

#20 Post by lococobra »

infimum wrote:Is there any way to give paths to Mp3TagPortable.exe and open them?
I'm don't understand what you mean :?

infimum

#21 Post by infimum »

Something like:

F:/bin/Mp3TagPotable/Mp3TagPortable.exe C:/Audio/Beatles/Anthology

In other words, I want to specify a different start folder every time I launch Mp3TagPortable.exe. Now, with mp3tag.exe by itself, I can do this. But, as you know, mp3tag by itself isn't really portable.

lococobra

#22 Post by lococobra »

Good point, I'll include the ability to pass arguments to it in the next update.

lococobra

#23 Post by lococobra »

Updated, now includes crash cleanup and argument passing.

Thanks for the suggestions Queue and infimum :)

infimum

#24 Post by infimum »

Thanks a lot, lococobra. It works fine!

brewabel

#25 Post by brewabel »

So why does this program need a wrapper and to be made portable when it's already portable? Maybe I'm missing something here, but the developer made this program portable several versions ago.

lococobra

#26 Post by lococobra »

Although he did change it to store some settings in the cfg file (if it was manually created in the program files directory), it still uses registry entries. I'm not sure if the registry entries store actual settings or are just for menu layouts, but they are there... and my portable version takes care of them.

Dagenham

Re: Mp3Tag Portable

#27 Post by Dagenham »

lococobra wrote:I saw someone request a portable Mp3 Tagger, so here it is..
Thanks,
pretty nice :).

garbanzo

#28 Post by garbanzo »

oh noes!

i went to download this and it seems your website has been hijacked, lococobra...

joby_toss

#29 Post by joby_toss »

"Owned by Stack"
Can a hijacker be hijacked ?
Or you should just turn the other "site" (read "cheek")?
Please LocoCobra, show him who's the boss! :)

lococobra

#30 Post by lococobra »

Gotta love being on a shared server. All it takes is one person who doesn't keep up security or lets a password slip and boom... everyone on our server gets nuked.

But no worries! I think the guy was just looking for recognition. All his attack did was replace every index file with his own. He also deleted all the server backup files, but I have local backups, so everything on my site is back. I've already reported the hacker's IP to his ISP, it looks to me like this isn't his first attack (or first alias for that matter), but hopefully it will be his last.