MP3 Tag Editor: mp3tag

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Onesimus Prime

#31 Post by Onesimus Prime »

I was trying to update my copy (by starting from scratch, actually), and found out that the download of Mp3Tag doesn't work. I looked at your source and saw that the download link is hard-coded, and to the previous version, which apparently is no longer in the same place.

Don't know if there's a "smarter" way for your launcher(s?) to handle downloads, or if you might add support for a local setup file as well. Especially if you hard-code the download link, I suggest doing the latter. I tried to "fool" the launcher with a local copy of the setup program, but wasn't able to.

Oh, and in spite of it not working, the download bar goes all the way, and nothing gives any indication of the failure! Might be another thing to check into.

But I really appreciate using your portables - I hope the above didn't come across harshly...

MiDoJo

#32 Post by MiDoJo »

Prime,
Try this link: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

I'm using the Latest Beta portable btw :) You can get it here
http://developer.mp3tag.de/

lococobra

#33 Post by lococobra »

I actually just fixed that problem yesterday and a new version is on my site. You're right though, I should add support for using a local file instead.

As for the bug where the download looks like it completes, I'm not really sure how to deal with that. All my script does is requests to download the file, if that file is html (error page) instead of an exe, it still downloads it anyways. I suppose I could put in a check to make sure that the download is greater that some specific size.

Anyways, I'll look into fixing that stuff. In the future if you find a problem like that, you could always rewrite some of the code yourself :P

Onesimus Prime

#34 Post by Onesimus Prime »

Thanks, y'all!
In the future if you find a problem like that, you could always rewrite some of the code yourself
I wish - I can do a teensy bit of batch scripting, and that's about it. I don't know what a lick of your code does - I saw an outdated link, and that's about all I understood. :lol: But hopefully I'll get there eventually...

lococobra

#35 Post by lococobra »

Well, I started working on updates when you I wrote that first post and I just got done. Six of the apps on my site are updated with a new version which (hopefully) works the way you suggested. If you find bugs, please report them.

Dagenham

Old portable script, new Mp3Tag binaries

#36 Post by Dagenham »

Weel, I'm still using the old version of Mp3Tag portable, manually updated to the 2.42 binaries - is there any disadvantage of it?

I'm just asking because it seems the latest version of Mp3Tag Portable fires some of the virus scan engines on VirusTotal (I know that this is mostly an AutoIt issue, not a real threat).

Ruby

Mp3tag v2.45c Now 100% Portable

#37 Post by Ruby »

2.45c (2010-02-27)
NEW: added Ctrl+Space keyboard shortcut for displaying format string helper menu.
NEW: support for %_md5audio% for FLAC files.
CHG: dockbar information now always stored in configuration file. <<<
CHG: improved copy and paste of tags to multiple files.
CHG: performance improvements for MATCHES keyword when filtering using regular expressions.
FIX: $validate removed colons in directory part of parameter instead of using replacement character.
FIX: runtime error when clicking the actions drop-down menu after deleting all action groups.
FIX: shell extension did not load directories with dots in their names.
FIX: shell extension did not resolve symbolic links.
FIX: tag field mappings did not work for APEv2 tagged files.

Did a Clean, Fresh Install and deleted any refs to Mp3tag in my registry and ran it from RegFromApp.
Nothing but MUI's and 1 lone entry when I added Foobar2000 to my tools.

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]
"url1"="D:\\Portable\\Utilities\\Mp3tag"

guinness

Re: Mp3tag v2.45c Now 100% Portable

#38 Post by guinness »

TESTED: Portable

But the extraction has changed. I had to install then copy, not use UniExtract.

infimum

#39 Post by infimum »

It's still the NSIS installer. I extracted with UniExtract fine :D 7-Zip can also extract NSIS.

Ruby

#40 Post by Ruby »

UniExtract uses 7-zip, I had no problem with either one.

You can also save ~1.3 MB by deleting all but one language, and all but one flag (icon's folder).
(you must have at least one language)

I just found something, when you UniExtract you end up with the German
export configs, there appears to be duplicate's (German, English, (html_*, rtm)) in the 'archive' export folder.
What this means is when you view an export, the title and column titles are in German.

So if you UniExtract you'll still need 7-zip to overwrite; here's the file sizes for English:

csv.mte=327
html_mp3tag.mte=2052
html_standard.mte=2046
RTF.mte=523

guinness

#41 Post by guinness »

V2.45D is available.
* NEW: Shift key modifier option at 'Remove from history' menu items that empties history.
* FIX: keyboard shortcuts for tools Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+0 did not work anymore (since v2.45c).
So I tried with the original UniExtract V1.6 with 7-Zip V4.57 not V9.10 Beta which I was using and it worked! So be warned 7-Zip V9.10 Beta doesn't extract correctly.

Midas

Re: MP3 Tag Editor: mp3tag

#42 Post by Midas »

Very old topic update: despite the long debate over user Lococobra portabilized version (http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... php?t=3413), Mp3Tag has been natively portable for a while now...

TPFC entry is http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1137 (homepage is at http://www.mp3tag.de/en/).
Last edited by Midas on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lastaltoid

Re: MP3 Tag Editor: mp3tag

#43 Post by lastaltoid »

Version 2.61 has been released.
Mp3tag v2.61 — This version is a maintenance release and includes fixes and minor changes.
All changes are described in the History of changes.
Change log is here: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/changelog.html

TP109

MP3Tag update

#44 Post by TP109 »

Changelog:
[2014-10-18] REL: VERSION 2.65 (for Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[2014-10-03] CHG: added Discogs image caching through dedicated caching server.
[2014-10-02] FIX: web sources framework function 'ifnot' did not work for empty parameter in some cases.
[2014-09-24] CHG: web sources framework function "json_select_array" does not create error result in case parameter does not refer to an array.

Checker

Re: MP3Tag update

#45 Post by Checker »

@ TP109: Thanks ... and updated :wink:
BTW: MP3tag 'Forum topic' :!: