Video Backup Fusion

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Video Backup Fusion

#1 Post by webfork »

A batch Youtube search interface and downloader. Cross-platform, GPL'd, and in my basic test it was portable. Saves settings in application folder.

Negatively: I had to switch between quality settings to actually download something. Some of the larger files wouldn't download fully.

Positively: its currently working where my latest tests with Youtube Downloader HD did not.

Home Page | AddictiveTips review

webfork

Re: Video Backup Fusion

#2 Post by webfork »

Recently had a series of videos that I needed to get and watch offline, and this program worked beautifully. Its even better than the first time I tested it: more download formats and sizes, the download window gives lots of information, and it's super easy to use.

There is a catch: you have to download the program and then the program update:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vibafu/ ... p/download

At this writing, the update is at 2.3.2, but you should check the website for the latest:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vibafu/ ... ion%202.3/

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

It does work nice!

Mike.S.G.

#4 Post by Mike.S.G. »

VBF is @ v3.1

No zip, only exe last I looked. UE gora mod didn't seem to work on the v3.1 Windows setup so I installed to a VM. Near the end of the install the program wants to get online to grab some remaining files, I declined - see list below.

* libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
* mingwm10.dll
* QtCore4.dll
* QtGui4.dll
* QtNetwork4.dll
* QtScript4.dll
* QtXml4.dll

I ran ViBaFu.exe and it complained file(s) were missing, the first was mingwm10.dll. Each of the above listed files are in the v2.3.0 zip which I had. I dropped each one in until the program was satisfied, it started up without issue. I figure the needed files are in libraries-3.1-windows.pak but for some strange reason none of the programs listed here that said they could extract .pak files were able to extract this file, maybe I misread. Anyway, neither could UE, WinRAR, or 7-Zip.

I've been using VBF 3.1 without issue but don't think it's fully portable. There are a few reg entries but look to be related more to the handling of the installer by UE. There's this folder - C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\dynup - the file is vibafu.ini.

If anyone cares, I'd like to find out how to extract the .pak file. Maybe, could the ini file be moved and the program made more portable, better - stealth.

Mike

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

JauntePE can handle that. And I think yaP also. Sad it's not portable now...

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: Pushing almost 2.5 years since this has been updated. Guessing the project has been abandoned.