Biniware Run

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
alexandrudicu

Re: Biniware Run

#31 Post by alexandrudicu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 pm

webfork wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm
billon wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 pm
Web-installer?
I don't know about billon, but I generally avoid web installer programs to help avoid security issues and I like to know what's happening on my system. Web installers were all the rage back when everyone had slow connections and you needed to download a larger program (I think Netscape had one for a while) but I'm not sure it's necessary anymore thanks to generally better Internet connections and download managers. Some exceptions include dotNET, a few Linux thumbdrive creators, and PortableApps Platform, though that's more of an automated update rather than a small installer present to download a larger file.
From my experience, because the installer is distributed and hosted on multiple websites, many users will download the software from other websites rather from the official website. This creates a problem for me as a developer:

- Many users will download an old version of the software and then will send support emails about bugs which are already fixed or new features that are already implemented in newer versions. I try to avoid this kind of emails by providing a small installer (70KB) that will always download the latest version of the bigger file (188KB). The same can be achieved by the user by visiting the official website and manually download the file.

Anyway, the installer is not needed anymore after you have the software since it has an integrated update mechanism that can be used to update itself. The main executable file will download and replace itself, therefor the installer can be removed permanently.

alexandrudicu

Biniware Run v.1.9.0.0

#32 Post by alexandrudicu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Biniware Run v.1.9.0.0

Change log:
- New: Added support for defining separators. Change the name of any node to - (minus) and it will be treated as a separator.
- Fixed: When a new empty shortcut is added under an existing node, it does not have the default icon.
- Fixed: Some context menu items are enabled in tree view even if their actions are not possible.
- Fixed: Visual styles (colors, borders, selection) are not always consistent.

Download location: https://biniware.com/download/BrunSetup.exe
SHA1: c2553def8dd1485ece740670124cc2d03cc39325
SHA256: 229582425fb6a13ab3bd1d636dadda117de42114d4767e362dca468847645077

Thank you,
Alexandru Dicu
Biniware.com

Looking forward to read your feedback.

alexandrudicu

Biniware Run v.2.1.0.0

#33 Post by alexandrudicu » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 am

Biniware Run v.2.1.0.0

Change log:
- New: Added global hot key that can toggle always on top property. This property applies now to both windows, the desktop icon and the Configuration window.
- Improved: If the desktop icon has focus it can be accidentally closed by using Alt+F4. This possibility was removed. The process can be closed from the right click context menu or through Task Manager.
- Fixed: Shortcuts tab doesn't display anymore if the Configuration window was closed on another tab and a shortcut was executed from the context menu.
- Fixed: Visual styles (colors, borders, selection) are not always consistent.
*** Registered users only ***
- New: Added advanced memory management feature which optimizes the memory usage reported in Task Manager.
- New: Added possibility to run as background process. By running as a background process, the application will be removed the from the Alt+Tab list of processes and will appear in Task Manager in the list of 'Background processes' instead of the list of 'Apps'.

Download location: https://biniware.com/download/BrunSetup.exe
SHA1: e1908e5f2b2fdef5b8115576969f8ef8213da634
SHA256: eb3c164605d4dfd65db5ecf655053dcfc43c98fbc4c487714674bb1b632c3b9f

Thank you,
Alexandru Dicu
Biniware.com

Please note that the registered users features do not affect the functionality of the software.