ColorConsole - CMD and PowerShell with extras (SoftwareOK)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

ColorConsole - CMD and PowerShell with extras (SoftwareOK)

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable (not Stealth)
Registry Key: HKCU\Software\SoftwareOK.de\ColorConsole
ColorConsole brings a little color to your black and white world of Windows console.
Download: http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/ColorConsole

guinness

Re: ColorConsole

#2 Post by guinness »

Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1960
Vote Now!

Thanks to user TP109 for adding, but I updated the entry appropriately. Seems SoftwareOK created a Portable version since testing the old version.

Don54

#3 Post by Don54 »

Create a file "ColorConsole.ini" (Content: [Settings]) in "app dir", run app and accept EULA, and there is no entry in registry. But if you close the app, there is always created an empty (fuckin') file "ColorConsole_Portable.INI" in "win dir", so "ColorConsole" already is not stealth.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Don54 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 am Create a file "ColorConsole.ini" (Content: [Settings]) in "app dir", run app and accept EULA, and there is no entry in registry. But if you close the app, there is always created an empty (fuckin') file "ColorConsole_Portable.INI" in "win dir", so "ColorConsole" already is not stealth.
I just retested and I'm not seeing an issue with the current instructions. What do these additional steps add?

rbon

#5 Post by rbon »

ColorConsole ver. 5.51 released on February 4, 2021
• web site: https://softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/ColorConsole
• direct download 32 bit portable: https://softwareok.com/?Download=ColorC ... rtable.zip
• direct download 64 bit portable: https://softwareok.com/?Download=ColorC ... rtable.zip

New in version 5.51
• Updates and improvements in alternative CMD
• New language for the alternative color console : Finnish
• Many thanks to Otto for the Finnish language.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Rick Cook.

Mike.S.G.

#6 Post by Mike.S.G. »

I want to try out this app but would like some clarification if I could get it please, do we need to create an .ini or not? I would like to avoid any unneccessary junk getting created if I can avoid it - so I ask :)

I ask only because the dev's site does say something about creating a .ini file...
The Installation!
ColorConsole does not require installation, can easily be launched from the desktop with no installation and is ready to use on all Windows operating systems as an extension for Command Prompt. For portable use: Please create Portable ColorConsole.ini in Work Directory!
If so, is this the name... space and all.
Portable ColorConsole.ini
I downloaded ColorConsole_x64_Portable.zip -- ColorConsole_x64_p.exe is the only file in the archive, no readme, etc.

Just wonderin' :)

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

Mike.S.G. wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 am I want to try out this app but would like some clarification if I could get it please, do we need to create an .ini or not? I would like to avoid any unneccessary junk getting created if I can avoid it - so I ask :)
You run ColorConsole_x64_p.exe, and the INI file ColorConsole.ini will be created in the same directory if it doesn't already exist.

Mike.S.G.

#8 Post by Mike.S.G. »

Thanks Andrew for the feedback, much appreciated.

webfork

Re: ColorConsole - CMD and PowerShell with extras (SoftwareOK)

#9 Post by webfork »

Updated in Aug 2023, now at v6.88

Changes:
New in version 6.88 // 22 August 2023
New code sign certificate for ColorConsole .exe
Important tests of Color Console APP for the next MS Windows 11/10 update
Update of language files in the Color Console application

New in version 6.81 // 2 June 2023
Small tests and adjustments for the new MS Windows 11 update
Updated language files in Color Console APP for all Windows operating systems

New in version 6.77 // 14 November 2022
Verification and testing of the Color Console app on Windows 11 22H2