SIB Icon Editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
garbanzo

SIB Icon Editor

#1 Post by garbanzo »

i just bumped into this one while looking for free icon sets, and it's a real winner!

i couldn't get uni extract to unpack the installer, so i installed this in sandboxie, and once installed and moved out of the sandbox, it seems to be completely stealth, so long as you don't set file associations in the preferences menu (duh). it can also change your windows icons which is another non-portable function, but you can easily choose not to do that :)

removing unnecessary files it's still 4.2 MB which is twice the size of Greenfish, but it's quite a wonderful little icon editor with a clean interface and lots of tools you don't see in similar apps. it supports formats i've never even heard of. even has full hotkey support. definitely beats any other free icon editor i've used!

http://free-icon-editor.com/

Ennovy

#2 Post by Ennovy »

Nice find Garbanzo :wink:

But there is one thing I noticed:
I made a new library and imported 200 icons, saved the library.
In DOpus I opened the library and there are only 10 icons in it.
Also in other applications, like icoFX, I open the library and the same problem: only 10 icons.

This software recently became freeware, but perhaps there are still limitations build in :?:

Can you reproduce the same problem ?

EDIT: I have submitted this problem at the homepage of SibCode