Halo Trial

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
Skidlz

Halo Trial

#1 Post by Skidlz »

It's not really payware, I guess it's shareware? I'm sorry if this is the wrong category. Please move/delete if it is.

Since the trial does not need a cd you can just extract the files from the exe onto a USB and play. It's good if you need a Halo fix and you don't want to install or you don't have the cd. It's around 250MB (240ish if your delete unneeded files) so it's perfect for a 256mb flash. It has the full 4th mission "Silent Cartographer" and has multiplayer online but only with the Blood Gulch map.
The only reg entry I can find if under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microfot Games\Halo Trial
No-Cds are bad uuuuummm-kaaaaay?

Halo Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by Skidlz on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

No-CD cracks, hacks, general illegal modding is not allowed on this forum. However, since you didn't post any links to them I'm not going to come down on you like a ton of bricks. :) Just keep this in mind for future reference.

As far as the PC port of Halo goes, no thanks. Microsoft did an abysmal job with it and I don't plan on going near it. Though it also classifies as "garbageware" it also fits as Payware since you need to pay to get the entire software.

[EDIT] I'd like to add that torrent links are fine as long as they're 100% legal torrents.

Skidlz

#3 Post by Skidlz »

Yes the Xbox version is much better! My new mantra: No illegal posting, no illegal posting :shock: . I was very surprised I could get a version of Halo running somewhat portably and thought I would post. I will think next time. :) :wink:

Thank you for not coming down upon me like any large amount of bricks. :D