7 PDF Maker

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
JohnW

7 PDF Maker

#1 Post by JohnW »

7 PDF Maker is a very flexible PDF producer.

It converts directly / natively among others the following formats to PDF:

DOC - > PDF, DOCX -> PDF , PPT -> PDF, PPTX -> PDF, XLS - > PDF , XLSX -> PDF, ODT -> PDF , ODS -> PDF , ODP -> PDF, RTF - > PDF HTML - > PDF, txt -> PDF , JPG -> PDF , GIF -> PDF , PNG - > PDF , TIFF -> PDF , EPS - > PDF , PSD -> PDF , BMP -> PDF, WMF - > PDF and many more ...

I found it useful because I had had trouble finding a reliable HTM to PDF conversion. This proved up to the task.

I haven't fully tested for portability but it is stated to be for USB flash drives and is ditributed in PortableApps format.

The Home site is ...

Code: Select all

http://www.7-pdf.de/
As you can see it is German but the app is available as an English app.

guinness

Re: 7 PDF Maker v 1.0.5

#2 Post by guinness »

The application has been posted to the database http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1640, but it doesn't have enough votes to be shown in the main database. This is probably because of an incomplete database entry, which has been discussed in previous forum posts.

Also I am a little confused by the site, because it can't make up it's mind of it's Freeware or Shareware. I opt for the latter!

Also you realise you can now add directly to the database without having to post a request here first!

GeddichNixan

#3 Post by GeddichNixan »

Well, as it seems the installer version is freeware (remarkably it is freeware for personal AND for commercial use), the portable one is shareware (BTW, once you bought a license you will receive any future update and release version at no costs). This pricing policy is a bit confusing indeed but they will know why they do tha

donald

#4 Post by donald »

Has anyone tried extracting the original freeware installer version?

Universal Extractor failed for me, though it is not up to the minute.

I believe it might require install-copy if it is to be extracted.

Further assuming 7 PDF Maker is not too complicated the new portableapps format installer might make it very easy to package.

Unless of course the license ....

Though it could be written to require a license when on any drive not c.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

@donald

I had no problems uniextracting 7p10.exe (the installer). Update innounp.exe (0.33 is the latest version) and you should be fine.

Will test for portability later.

7-pdf

#6 Post by 7-pdf »

Hello!

My name is Thorsten and I'm the german developer of 7-PDF Maker and the portable version. I will do this post here to get an technical answer about that: if 7-PDF Maker (freeware) can be ported to a portable version? The 7p10.exe is not compatible to make them portable. Your tests will be failed, here. Only the specially developed 7-PDF Maker Portable exe was developed to run as an portable application. The development was time-intensive to create this special portable version. We have made the portable version also as a shareware version to finance the 7-pdf site, servers and free support, to get here also an answer about the upcoming questions here on this post.

What I maybe can do for "The portable freeware collection" is to build a freeware "lite" version of 7-PDF Maker Portable with a slimmed-down functionality. So only a portable file conversion may be included. I will ask you if this "lite" version could be interesting for portable app users or not? Perhaps, other ideas are also welcome here...

I recognise a big barrier in the portable community to publish and use a "portable shareware", so maybe this "lite" version could be a solution for me and the community?

Let me know your thoughts about that...

Cheers,
- Thorsten (7-PDF)

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

Welcome 7-pdf (Thorsten). Good to see a developer join the discussion. I was just about to post that I couldn't get the freeware version to run in a portable mode. Thanks for clarifying that. 7pG.exe will run only after placing the 7p.ini in %APPDATA%.

BTW, I was trying to download the portable version but the file seems to be corrupt.

@JohnW
7 Pdf was suggested before. See http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 745#p21745

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

Oh, your offer for a "lite" version is very generous. Thanks.

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

I think a lite version would be welcomed very much in the Portable Freeware Community!

7-pdf

#10 Post by 7-pdf »

Hi!

Thanks for this nice response here on the forum for me... :D

@I am Baas: Which dowload location you have to use to get the portable 7-PDF Maker (PAF) setup as a corrupt file? Normally we have'nt any download problems because we share them over a high-quality download server of our ISP Sponsor "ISP42"... Please use our 7-pdf.de website for downloads...

Finally, here is the direct download-link:
http://www.7-pdf.de/fileadmin/downloads ... rtable.exe
Download-Host must be: kraefte.net , and it must be then a PAF File...

Have checked it out, run's create for me after downloading...

Also you must know that we have developed an own "loader" to run 7-PDF Maker on portable drives without any further installation issues. The INI File is only one point, there are still some other "special" development differences between the "installer" version and the portable version...

Cheers,
- Thorsten (7-PDF)

7-pdf

#11 Post by 7-pdf »

The download location in post:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 745#p21745

...is invalid and not an actual one...

You have to use this:

http://www.7-pdf.de/fileadmin/downloads ... rtable.exe

Thorsten (7-PDF)

I am Baas

#12 Post by I am Baas »

Here's the error that I get trying to run 7-PDF_Maker_Portable_1.0.5.paf.exe:
Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the
installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at: http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

7-pdf

#13 Post by 7-pdf »

Hi!

I'm a little bit astonished about that error. I can not reproduce them after download.
Have anyone else this problem, here?

Thorsten

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable
But this is the Shareware version still as it asks me to enter a code at the start of each execution.

@I am Baas - I didn't get that particular error!

I am Baas

#15 Post by I am Baas »

I tried to download with both Opera & IE8. Managed to download only 19.9 MB (20,838,682 bytes).