Corel Office, is it portable payware?

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
donald

Corel Office, is it portable payware?

#1 Post by donald »

[Moderator note: post title switched to the standard spelling to avoid confusion]

----

The reason I ask is that I found a flashdrive for sale with Correll office software on board. (At $29.00 a bit steep but the software may be worth the higher price, but no info. found on the software.)

Because I can not find more info on whether this is a trial, or an installer package, or meant to be used portably, I ask is Correll Office portable?

Could this be a full usb version of correll?

Cornflower

Re: correll office, is it portable payware?

#2 Post by Cornflower »

Are you talking Corel WordPerfect Office?

If so, then you are most definitely talking Payware, until early in the millenium it was arguably #1 or #2 with MS Word--only with XP did I no longer keep Corel Office up to date, moving to OpenOffice as it began to mature.

donald

Re: corel office, is it portable payware?

#3 Post by donald »

I know Corel office is payware, but is it portable?

I posted a link to a flash-drive being sold with software that I believe is correll office software.

Here is a link to the flashdrive image http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGall ... 8GCAW4CO-C

Thirty dollars is steep for an 8GB flash-drive but the software is at least $20.00.
I only want to know if it is portable because it would make me buy one. (I currently would not buy it if correll is not portable, ugly drive and overpriced)

Also I do not know if the software is with, or without a license.

stevegutry

#4 Post by stevegutry »

I followed your link & found that the software is actually "Corel Home Office".
I saw a review on it recently and it is not compatable with any other software not even the main Corel Office. Basically it is supposedly a re-branded version of "Ability Office & can not import/export anything other than its own file format. Do a google search for the review.

donald

#5 Post by donald »

Thanks,stevegutry
I thought I would try it but now I will not, it is an ugly flash-drive, and overpriced.

webfork

Re: Corel Office, is it portable payware?

#6 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

Corel is now offering WordPerfect Standard with ad-support. I don't expect some of those advertisements are optional, but if you really need something like Microsoft Office but can't get it on your machine for whatever reason, this is likely a reasonable alternative.
http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-4020001-10799107

I haven't tested it, but I think it's unlikely to be portable.