NoTrax - web browser [discontinued]

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
gp_hbk

NoTrax - web browser [discontinued]

#1 Post by gp_hbk »

"The ANONYMOUS Web Browser that leaves No Trace of Internet Activity on your PC while you're Surfing, in REALTIME!"
It has tabbed browsing. It doesn't support scripts in web pages though (for security reasons). It's a single executable. It's about 2 MB in size. It supports all versions of windows.

ahoier

#2 Post by ahoier »

link? how does it compare to TorPark?

Find it hard to "trust" someone with my privacy, who I have to "pay"; which means they either know my e-mail address; maybe even address/phone number? heh.

Sounds neat though. How about a web browser running as a RAM drive? :) Shut off computer, and the data would be gone ;)

dasfx

#3 Post by dasfx »

It's also a little bothersome that this is the third time you've posted it. What gives?

gp_hbk

#4 Post by gp_hbk »

ahoier wrote:link? how does it compare to TorPark?

Find it hard to "trust" someone with my privacy, who I have to "pay"; which means they either know my e-mail address; maybe even address/phone number? heh.

Sounds neat though. How about a web browser running as a RAM drive? :) Shut off computer, and the data would be gone ;)
I never said it compares to Torpark. I just thought someone might be interested. I neither use NoTrax nor Torpark anyway.

I noticed that transfer rates through TOR are slower than the normal connection. And NoTrax is of no use to me as it doesn't support scripts. I'm just fine with OperaPortable 9.00.

It would be nice if there was a web browser running as a RAM drive. That would do for security but it would mean deletion of all your settings if any in the case that the computer you're on powers down.

gp_hbk

#5 Post by gp_hbk »

dasfx wrote:It's also a little bothersome that this is the third time you've posted it. What gives?
Correction: second time
I just felt that someone might like it.

dasfx

#6 Post by dasfx »

gp_hbk wrote: Correction: second time
Nope:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... .php?t=385
and
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... .php?t=384
Are the other two, this being the third. All I'm saying is that if no one responds to the first two, then perhaps no one is interested. It would be better practice to just edit the first post, or maybe post a reply to yourself. It does look like an interesting program, but I'm not sure that it is something I would pay for. I would have to agree with an earlier post about being able to trust a company that you have to pay for your privacy.

DasFX

gp_hbk

#7 Post by gp_hbk »

dasfx wrote:
gp_hbk wrote: Correction: second time
Nope:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... .php?t=385
and
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... .php?t=384
Are the other two, this being the third. All I'm saying is that if no one responds to the first two, then perhaps no one is interested. It would be better practice to just edit the first post, or maybe post a reply to yourself. It does look like an interesting program, but I'm not sure that it is something I would pay for. I would have to agree with an earlier post about being able to trust a company that you have to pay for your privacy.

DasFX
I guess I accidentally posted thrice. :oops:
Anyway,I wouldn't pay for anything unless I could help it. I have only paid for my computer's hardware and Windows and of course my ADSL internet connection. I just posted because it is a portable application. Whether anybody uses it or not is of no concern to me.