WinRAR Unplugged

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
spaztastic

WinRAR Unplugged

#1 Post by spaztastic »

WinRAR Unplugged is portable! Now you can take the best compression tool with you wherever you go, giving you extra mobility and productivity!

WinRAR Unplugged is designed to work without installation from devices like USB/Flash drives, external harddrives etc.

Simply Download WinRAR Unplugged, save it to the device you want to use it from, and double-click the file. WinRAR Unplugged will then unpack itself at that location. Now you are ready to run WinRAR Unplugged by double-clicking "WinRAR.exe" in the program folder.

If you use WinRAR Unplugged from a removable device, we strongly recommend not to remove the device while WinRAR Unplugged is active! If you remove the device while WinRAR Unplugged is active, you might encounter data loss or hardware damage. WinRAR will assume no responsibility for problems arising out of this!
Download it by clicking here

Queue

#2 Post by Queue »

Hmm, pretty damn progressive of them. Neato!

Edit: Aaaaaand... it doesn't seem to work on Win98SE. Gonna have to toy around with this one it seems.

Queue

keiffer

#3 Post by keiffer »

And this software is free??????

spaztastic

#4 Post by spaztastic »

It may be shareware... I am not sure, but you can download a free full version of WinRAR Portable by clicking here.

[ 16 May (usdcs): Link removed ]

keiffer

#5 Post by keiffer »

Looks like this was already posted before.
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

spaztastic

#6 Post by spaztastic »

I did a search and it came up with no results for "WinRAR Unplugged"

keiffer

#7 Post by keiffer »

spaztastic wrote:It may be shareware... I am not sure, but you can download a free full version of WinRAR Portable by clicking here
It is the full version but it's not free. Some would say that it is an illegal version. It looks like it is registered to 'cafevn'.

Maybe a moderator can make a ruling on this thread.

spaztastic

#8 Post by spaztastic »

That version is illegal, the second one I linked to. The source for that download hosts a lot of apps that are payware as freeware apps. For example, he also has TuneUp Utilities 2008, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Registry Mechanic and Ad-Aware, among others.

usdcs

#9 Post by usdcs »

To be on the safe side, I have removed the links to the questionable file. I'll retain them, temporarily, if one of the other mods thinks they should be restored.

Also, moved to the Portable Payware Forum.

Regards,
Dan