Winimage (disk image manager)

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
Midas

Winimage (disk image manager)

#1 Post by Midas »

Quick post about an old dear that I just discovered has gone natively portable for some time already...

Winimage is a disk image manager that I used heavily when floppy disks were still a thing.

While its development didn't stop, other free options are now rife so I haven't used it for years, but at one time I vainly attempted to make it portable with yaP (viewtopic.php?p=52268#p52268, viewtopic.php?p=52490#p52490).

Well, from version 8 forward all it takes to make Winimage portable is a file named 'WinImagePreference.xml' placed in the program folder.

Winimage is shareware with a free trial period of 30 days (the countdown is shown in the program splash screen).
WinImage is a fully-fledged disk-imaging suite for easy creation, reading and editing of many image formats and fileystems, including DMF, VHD, FAT, ISO, NTFS and Linux. The disk image is an exact copy of a physical disk (floppy, CD-ROM, hard disk, USB, VHD disk, etc.) or a partition that preserves the original structure. With WinImage in place, you can recreate the disk image on the hard drive or other media, view its content, extract image-based files, add new files and directories, change the format, and defragment the image.

Winimage latest 32 and 64-bit archives (currently v10.0, released 2020-04-15; note the changelog at the homepage only mentions v9.0) can be downloaded from www.winimage.com/download.htm.

Midas

Re: Winimage (disk image manager)

#2 Post by Midas »

Winimage v11.00 released (changes at http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm).