Looking for a emailing software.

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
NoahC

Looking for a emailing software.

#1 Post by NoahC »

Hi, there does anyone know about an easy to use emailing software that can help in mailing customers using our [Mod note: link edited out, see URL below*] websites. The best example for an application like this would be Mozilla's Thunderbird but when we looked into it we found that it has been having some issues making it difficult for people to use. Could anyone suggest to me a software like Thunderbird but the main thing we are looking for is portability as working from home making it a high chance that you won't be working 24/7 so a portable meaning we can easily mail people where ever we are?

*) commercial site URL removed.

FTR: buycustomlogo[dot]com

Midas

Re: Looking for a emailing software.

#2 Post by Midas »

Approving a first post that includes a spammy URL is an experiment on my part to find how the team and community feels about it.

Let's have it, then... :|

h3kt0r

#3 Post by h3kt0r »

I'm using "PostBox" on my desktop computer (Windows 10). I'm still using "Barca" on my laptop (Windows 7) and "jbMail" on my netbook (Windows XP).

CLI tools : BLAT.

"PostBox" isn't portable.
"Pocomail/Barca" and "jbMail" are portable.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I'd give this one a hard pass as I get the feeling it's a spammer asking for assistance on spamming people while spamming us. I think that's a trifecta? :)

In terms of policy, if you included a commercial link (as this one does), it's spam which I'd delete+ban. It's certainly possible for someone to ask a question that includes a commercial link and ask "hey does anyone have a freeware version of XYZ Commercial software." It's why we have moderators and not an automatic ban system in place for posts with any web addresses or direct links. This one might just be a form letter that's replaces a few key word elements to make it sound vaguely on-topic.

I will admit that I've seen some spam posts result in some quality responses like h3kt0r's good suggestions. But I'd recommend deleting the link and banning the user.

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

Done! 8)

h3kt0r

#6 Post by h3kt0r »

Can i suggest to add "jbMail" to the database ?
The latest beta version is free and fully portable.
And you can update SSL support to the latest version just by copying required DLL libraries to the program's folder.

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

Truth be told, I would have disapproved the original post if I'd gotten to it first.

Got my spammy sense tingling all over... yuck!

Midas

#8 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote: I get the feeling it's a spammer asking for assistance on spamming people while spamming us. I think that's a trifecta?

That's so meta it's got to be worth some kudos... :twisted:

Andrew Lee wrote:I would have disapproved the original post if I'd gotten to it first.

I'm glad that I got your insights -- that's will definitely help me judge better.

h3kt0r

#9 Post by h3kt0r »

Elon Musk Says He Wired Up a Monkey’s Brain to Play Video Games (via bloomberg).
Soon, spammers will get monkeys to spam portablefreeware.
Muhahahahahahaaaa !

Midas

#10 Post by Midas »

:lol: Heavens, please, no!

Andrew Lee

#11 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:26 am I'm glad that I got your insights -- that's will definitely help me judge better.
Not much insight there. I guess I have done this so much I am just allergic to spam now. "Strike first, ask later" is my motto now, unfortunately.

And it's not just spam posts. I get a ton of spam emails on my TPFC email account too.