Portable Bookmarks

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
HareHippie

Portable Bookmarks

#1 Post by HareHippie »

Portable Bookmarks is a compact, mobile and browser-independent bookmark manager, that allows you to attach it to any computer via a removable device. It also provides useful tools to manage your database protecting it with a password. U3 Edition of the program is available on web site. The program supports Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Main Features:
  • ~Installing the program on mobile media (for example, USB drives)
    ~Full UNICODE support
    ~Supporting all popular web browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera): launch, import, export, opening links
    ~Automatic bookmark synchronization with IE Favorites
    ~Monitoring web pages opened in browsers in real time and adding them quickly to the bookmark collection
    ~Instant search by various criteria
    ~Monitoring added bookmarks for duplicates
    ~Quick duplicate search and deletion
    ~Downloading bookmark descriptions, keywords and favicons from the Internet
    ~Checking bookmark web addresses for availability
Download: Portable Bookmarks
Screenshot: >> Click here <<Link: Portable Bookmarks Home Page

Gary

Portable Bookmarks

#2 Post by Gary »

HareHippie

Regshot shows 10 keys created and 21 values added after running 'Portable' Bookmarks. These appear trivial, but it there's certainly an equivocation on the term "portable" here. Am rather puzzled that it doesn't save its settings to its root directory... :shock:

--Gary

roddersg

Why not use a "Bookmarks Organiser" within Firefox

#3 Post by roddersg »

I used to complain about not being able to make my Bookmarks manager portable until I found a plugin for Firefox called "Flat Bookmark Editing" and "Foxmarks Bookmarks Organiser".

Since Firefox is already portable, I could now carry all my bookmarks within Firefox and organise them on the fly. Since then I have junked my bookmarks organiser (cost me $29.95)

Cornflower

#4 Post by Cornflower »

I no longer need IE for anything at the office, and only use Firefox, so Flat Bookmark Editing may well be good, but then again, so are the regular bookmarks in Portable Firefox.

For my (cheap) dollar, I got hooked on TrayURL (http://portablefreeware.com/?id=1189), and have never looked back. Everything is in an .ini file, so can be opened in notepad if need be, is totally portable (only the .exe and the .ini), and is not a resource hog. And, it ensures that I don't have to think about whether I am using a portable Firefox or not, it works from anything. Finally, it is not restricted to a web browser, and I already use it for document management.

Midas

Re: Portable Bookmarks

#5 Post by Midas »

Very old topic update: Portable Bookmarks site moved (now at http://resortlabs.com/bookmark-organize ... kmarks.php); current release is v2.6.4, dated 2011-09-05 (no changelog).

On a humorous note, when I tried viewing the interestingly titled article "Why IE8 Has Already Won The Browser Wars" (linked from the right sidebar), the site apparently broke down... :twisted: