Thanks for the input. I just want to clarify that we talking about two related (but different) things (I realize I wasn't very clear):
- Do we include them in the database at all?
- Do we make a subforum for 16-bit CLI (to avoid confusion with 32/64-bit CLI that work out-of-the-box in 64-bit systems)?
What I understand is that you are for point #1
with a clarification tag (hint hint Andrew!
I am personally hesitant because I wouldn't like a user to only find patchy coverage of a certain type (some occasional 16-bit apps but not others), so I'd personally wait, but if the majority is for it, so be it (maybe a multi-select field for architecture: 16/32/64 bit; kinda like "Runs On").
As for #2
(the subforum), I'd like to hear your opinions. There is a significant enough cut-off (do you need an emulator to run it?
- the age cut-off of almost all tools.
- the fact that most any DOS tool of any significance has already been ported/cloned to Win32 (so I, and I believe most users, wouldn't want to bother with 16-bit if it there is a modern port/clone).
- There are no more updates/support.
So, I am for a separate corner for them.