Photivo

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Andrew Lee

Re: Photivo

#16 Post by Andrew Lee »

Wanted to test this, but couldn't get it to run at all. The program (2020-11-19) crashed on startup on my Win10 x64 machine.

juverax

#17 Post by juverax »

@ Andrew Lee:
Crash on startup confirmed here too on Win10x64.

thepiney

#18 Post by thepiney »

Odd. I just started it, cropped a CR2 Canon Camera Pic and changed the color a bit and saved the file just to test and works fine.

I used uniextract2 to extract the setup file, added the "use-portable-profile" file and removed "setup" from the directory name only and it works fine.

thepiney

#19 Post by thepiney »

From HKLM and HKCU I get these registry hits for photivo-->

Code: Select all

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU\1\0\0				17	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU\1\0\0				18	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU\1\0\0				20	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\109ad494_0		REG_SZ	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store	P:\Portable_Programs_Apps\photivo-setup-2020-11-19-win64.exe	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store	P:\Portable_Programs_Apps\photivo-2020-11-19-win64\photivo.exe	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\CIDSizeMRU					30	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedPidlMRU			22	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedPidlMRU			23	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavePidlMRU\exe			5	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavePidlMRU\icc			0	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavePidlMRU\zip			16	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cr2\OpenWithList				c	REG_SZ	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs							92	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs							62	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.zip						2	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder						5	REG_BINARY	
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery						51	REG_BINARY	
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications\photivo.exe				LastDetectionTime	REG_QWORD	
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache							AppCompatCache	REG_BINARY	
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache						AppCompatCache	REG_BINARY	

Andrew Lee

#20 Post by Andrew Lee »

thepiney wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm Odd. I just started it, cropped a CR2 Canon Camera Pic and changed the color a bit and saved the file just to test and works fine.
Is that the 2020-11-19 version? On Win10 x64?

thepiney

#21 Post by thepiney »

Yes, the file name --> photivo-setup-2020-11-19-win64.exe running on Windows 10 x64 with all updates.