Flameshot - cross-platform screenshots

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Flameshot - cross-platform screenshots

#1 Post by webfork »

Synopsis: Similar to KSnip, Flameshot has some really nice extras in a cross-platform package.

I wasn't impressed with this program the first time I tested it but -- like KSnip -- it's come a long way. In particular I love the blurring tool, the live edits, resizable border, and x/y sizing. I also like the floating window "stay on top" feature that I miss from Snipaste.

To have so many well maintained, open source screen capture programs is fantastic. Such a great time to be a software tester.

Steps: Download the ZIP version and extract, launch flameshot\bin\flameshot.exe

Status: Not portable, writes to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\flameshot\flameshot.ini
(Github issue on portability)

Websites:

Resources (megs): 4 RAM, 77 Disk space (uncompressed)

Screenshot

Albert90

Re: Flameshot - cross-platform screenshots

#2 Post by Albert90 »

Now that looks extremely useful. I currently just use the built-in Windows key shortcut for screenshots, but this is just so much more functional.

webfork

Re: Flameshot - cross-platform screenshots

#3 Post by webfork »

Flameshot is getting better and better with lots of tweaks and cross-platform CLI options in the v.11.0.0 update:

https://github.com/flameshot-org/flameshot/releases