[GAME] Wagic

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
h3kt0r

[GAME] Wagic

#1 Post by h3kt0r »

Wagic is an internationally acclaimed open source Trading Card Game simulation, made by card games fans and backed up by a large community of players and modders. The project has been active since 2008 and supports a massive amount of cards. Wagic is especially adapted to mobile devices (PSP, iPhone, iPad, Android,…) but also works on Windows and Linux PC.

Haven't tested this for portability, so i'm posting it here. You'll need latest JRE installed to download
the Magic cards sets.
At first, the downloader could not get the pictures, so i've manually created the required folders and
then it worked.

This is how to proceed :
1. download Wagic package here. Extract zip archive.
2. Inside the Wagic folder, create User\sets\ subfolders.
3. download CardImageDownloader from the same place. Extract zip archive.
4. Inside the CardImageDownloader folder, open a command prompt and type:
javaw -jar CardImageDownloader.jar then press [Enter] key.
This will launch the downloader program. Select the required options and press
the "Start Download" button.
5. Wait a few hours for the download to complete.
6. Play the game !

EDIT : downloading all the cards took 4 hours ("Tiny" res selected) and the Wagic folder is now
almost 3Gb in size. The game is great and there's a "Story" mode.
Checked for file system changes and the program does not appear to modify anything except
its own configuration file in Wagic subfolder.
I would be surprised if it writes anything to the registry but haven't checked this...