KatMouse

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Rudy5

KatMouse

#1 Post by Rudy5 »

[Mod note: the present post was deleted by its author, who replaced it with a single character; in order to minimize the damage, the original program name and homepage URL will be reposted whenever possible.

KatMouse (http://www.ehiti.de/katmouse/)]
Last edited by Rudy5 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midas

Re: KatMouse

#2 Post by Midas »

FYI, previously mentioned at viewtopic.php?t=4067.

SYSTEM

#3 Post by SYSTEM »

Also, Windows 10 works this way by default.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

KatMouse is a mouse wheel enhancement program.

The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering "universal" scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows). This is a major increase in the usefullness of the mouse wheel.

Another (optional) feature involves the wheel button. Since the wheel button is not consistently used in Windows, KatMouse can use it for a kind of task switching: with a click of the wheel button you can push a window to the buttom of the stack of windows that is your desktop, making a recovered window the active window.
SYSTEM wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:26 am Also, Windows 10 works this way by default.
There are also some nice window management tools. I like the middle mouse button press to put to the bottom of the windowset and longpress to pull to the front.

I tested this on Win7 so I'm not sure if it adds that functionality to Win10.