MindMaple (graphic editor)

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Midas

MindMaple (graphic editor)

#1 Post by Midas »

MindMapple falls into an ever popular category here at TPFC, and in spite of not being portable, it is available for the Windows, MacOS and IOS platforms, so I think it deserves a post. MindMapple has an interesting feature set (www.mindmaple.com/Products/Features/) and is offered in the customary Lite freeware and commercial Pro versions (www.mindmaple.com/Downloads/Windows/#ver_compare).
www.mindmaple.com/ wrote:Your Tree of Ideas: MindMaple will increase your productivity and creativity by visually organizing your ideas and thoughts onto a mind map. MindMaple is perfect for project managing, concept mapping, brainstorming and task scheduling.

Download MindMapple current version (v1.63) installer from www.mindmaple.com/Downloads/Windows/.

Check AddicitiveTips.com (where it was deemed one of the best programs of 2013) for a more detailed review:

webfork

Re: MindMapple

#2 Post by webfork »

Looks very interesting. I'm a big XMind fan, but I'm always looking at diagram/mapping tools.

Where does it write settings?

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:Where does it write settings?
So sorry, I can't answer that -- I didn't test it, I've got too much on my plate right now... :oops:

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:Where does it write settings?
\user\current\AppData\Roaming\MindMaple\MindMaple
\user\current\AppData\Local\MindMaple\

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MindMaple\MindMaple\Recent File List
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MindMaple\MindMaple

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MindMaple\MindMaple
Cool, thanks Baas.

pdey

#6 Post by pdey »

This is one of the quite popular mind mapping app and I used it couple of months back.

shnbwmn

#7 Post by shnbwmn »

There's been a yaP config available for a while already.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: it wasn't exceedingly clear from the website but I think this has gone fully commercial. There is evidently a MindMapple Pro and MindMaple Classic, but Classic (v1.8) is requesting a serial at launch: https://www.mindmaple.com/Classic/

MindMaple Lite 1.7 is still available and listed as freeware and seems to work without a serial:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-to ... Lite.shtml

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:49 pm MindMaple Lite 1.7 is still available and listed as freeware and seems to work without a serial:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-to ... Lite.shtml
Update: Not surprising, but MindMaple Lite is also not portable (writes to AppData\Roaming\MindMaple)

Steps: Install-Copy-Uninstall. Tested v.1.71

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

No update here but wanted to add a screenshot. Program still works great and is definitely competition for XMind. Actually preferring some of the controls and interface bits.

Pendrive

#11 Post by Pendrive »

DELETED
Last edited by Pendrive on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE DELETE ALL MY POSTS, COMMENTS AND ACCOUNT.

Midas

#12 Post by Midas »

Pendrive wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm Why has this thread titled "MindMapple" with 10 previous posts going back 8 years continued with the mistake?: the referred-to software is called "MindMaple"
Probably my fault and never corrected because no one pointed it until now -- OP amended... :o