Scribus use in preparing novel for printing

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
fictionworker20

Scribus use in preparing novel for printing

#1 Post by fictionworker20 »

Can I use Scribus to edit and prepare the text of a novel (already written on Windows XP) to be turned into a paperback by a professional printer, who will be able to print from the Scribus system? How would I go about doing this?

Grateful thanks

webfork

Re: Scribus use in preparing novel for printing

#2 Post by webfork »

fictionworker20 wrote:Can I use Scribus to edit and prepare the text of a novel (already written on Windows XP) to be turned into a paperback by a professional printer, who will be able to print from the Scribus system? How would I go about doing this?
Yes. See http://docs.scribus.net/

djoledj

#3 Post by djoledj »

It is made for that use :) It's like InDesign or QuarkXpress. I work in prepress and i'm amazed by it's power.

fictionworker20

#4 Post by fictionworker20 »

Thank you for the advice re the use of Scribus in preparing novel for printing. Do you recommend that a novice purchase the [commercial product plug removed by moderator]?

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Moderator edit note: I deleted several posts from this thread when the "fictionworker" user started to spam. Specific usage questions on this very feature-rich software really belong on the Scribus mailing list or other resources. You're much more likely to get a quick and accurate response. Thanks!

Bahnyen

#6 Post by Bahnyen »

djoledj wrote:It is made for that use :) It's like InDesign or QuarkXpress. I work in prepress and i'm amazed by it's power.
QuarkXpress, It's not easy for me but if you can please show me how its good, may be I go back to use it again.
Thanks in advance.