Is Opera 11 standard portable or not ? (2)

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
the_watcher

Re: Is Opera 11 standard portable or not ?

#61 Post by the_watcher »

version 11 is out.Officially :)

guinness

#62 Post by guinness »

See I knew it :D Plus I modified the entry the_watcher, because the Extraction instructions have now changed.

the_watcher

#63 Post by the_watcher »

oops :?
yep, i skipped that part somehow 8)
thanks guinness!

guinness

#64 Post by guinness »

Its a first! Opera Portable, Opera@USB & Opera, Portable Edition have all updated to the new version on the same day the Official was released. Normally Opera Portable takes about a week to migrate to the new version.

guinness

#65 Post by guinness »

So as Opera V11.00 is being welcomed with open arms I thought I would list a few Extensions which should deserve a mention.

Focus On Textbox => Add a blue outline around textboxes when they are in focus.

Download Helper => Download Helper for many popular file hosting.

Weather Forecast => Shows weather information (current conditions and forecast) for your favourite locations around the world.

Extensions in Opera are stored in <Opera_Directory>\profile\widgets and use the Extension Type .oex, but luckily like the new improved installer they can be un-zipped using 7-Zip, edited and then re-compressed to .zip and renamed back to .oex. For example if you follow the previous procedure you can edit the colour for 'Focus On Textbox' by navigating to includes and editing highlight.js by changing #0099FF to a new Hex Colour.

Note: I used Universal Extractor to Extract the .oex Extension.

Plus, DownloadSquad reported that Opera had been download 6.7 million on the day of Launch. They also provided another insight into their sense of humour, but posting an advertisement on Reddit. Check out the article for more details.

SYSTEM

#66 Post by SYSTEM »

I think my extension list might be useful as well.
  • Inline Translator - automatically translate text by selecting it and pressing a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Shift-Z by default)
  • Make It So - with my current settings, clicking a picture I'm viewing causes it to be scaled/stretched to fit the browser window. Another click restores it to original size.
  • Snap Links - open links in backgound by drawing a rectangle over them
  • Unshorten - "Changes shortened URLs back to the originals"
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

guinness

#67 Post by guinness »

Cheers SYSTEM, i like Inline Translator. I also found that in operaprefs.ini there is an INI Key called "Use Paranoid Mailpassword=0" under the Section "[Security Prefs]" Found it funny how they named it!

Plus type opera:drives and it will show large buttons with the drive names to navigate the directories.

guinness

#68 Post by guinness »

And they're back! Seems that Opera 11.01 has been uploaded to the snapshot blog >> http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20 ... 1-snapshot with a ton of core fixes. Check out the changelog for more details.

freakazoid

#69 Post by freakazoid »

Any idea how to automatically upgrade Opera to the latest dev snapshot?

I have "Download all snapshots" enabled in opera:config, but that doesn't appear to work for me.
is it stealth? ;)

guinness

#70 Post by guinness »

I just checked here to see if this was related to snapshots (beta's) that are posted on the opera.com site, but it is weekly snapshots! I would suggest downloading from the blog in that case.

But thanks for pointing to that opera:config key, I didn't know it existed. Maybe they only upload to the snapshot server once in a while to decrease on problems being reported. You never know, some user might have it enabled by mistake which can lead to unnecessary feedback!!*

*I just tried on a new Portable Version of Opera V11.00 and it didn't work, this is why I concluded the above.

guinness

#71 Post by guinness »

So Opera has released another snapshot at their Opera Desktop Blog. So I tried to check for an update (because of download snapshots enabled in Opera:Config) and still it says I have the new version. So I presume that these snapshots are related to when they are uploaded to http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/.

freakazoid

#72 Post by freakazoid »

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that is the case unfortunately.
is it stealth? ;)

Emka

#73 Post by Emka »

A second RC of 11.01 is out and it is said to be available via the browser's update function (provided you have set it to download snapshots).

freakazoid

#74 Post by freakazoid »

Yup the auto update works this time around!
is it stealth? ;)

guinness

#75 Post by guinness »

I can confirm too. Good to see this feature is actually working now :) Plus, I believe RC2 is the Final Version for 11.01!