Is Opera 11 standard portable or not ? (2)

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.

joby_toss

Re: Is Opera 11 standard portable or not ?

#77 Post by joby_toss »

As a hint, we can mention that another popular Opera feature will be taken to the next level.
Gee...I really hope it's the Speed Dial! :)

joby_toss

#78 Post by joby_toss »

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20 ... -barracuda
Which feature were they talking about? :roll:

guinness

#79 Post by guinness »

Maybe the Core? Since it's the feature(!) we use everyday. I was hoping the Speeddial and Bookmarks too :)

guinness

#80 Post by guinness »

Just came across a preview version of 11.50, even before 11.10 has hit Beta! Source: http://labs.opera.com/news/2011/02/22/

guinness

#81 Post by guinness »

And the Winner is .... joby_toss for guessing the SpeedDial as the next enhancement. :)

Source: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20 ... some-teeth

guinness

#82 Post by guinness »

I am always checking the Opera Desktop Blog for new snapshot releases but forget to check out the Opera Labs Blog. It appears Hardware acceleration will be coming soon to Opera but not for the next release (V11.10.) It should be noted that this version could be unstable so use at your own risk!

Source: http://labs.opera.com/news/2011/02/28/

joby_toss

#83 Post by joby_toss »

I'm disappointed with these SpeedDial changes. They don't make my life easier...just different! :(

freakazoid

#84 Post by freakazoid »

I'm more excited about the hardware acceleration features! Haven't tested the experimental build though.
is it stealth? ;)

guinness

#85 Post by guinness »

The experimental build I tested a week ago didn't have any of the changes in Opera 11.10 Alpha, plus I couldn't really test the hardware acceleration! :S

guinness

#86 Post by guinness »

I am liking V11.10.2020 with the new style of Opera:About and Opera:Config & also the animated Speed Dial. It seems Opera are really moving along rapidly with the development of Opera V11.10. It's a shame that they're still considered the underdog in the "Desktop Browser Wars."

ChemZ

#87 Post by ChemZ »

Opera has been my default browser since version 6 came along. Since then it has only gotten better and better with features.

Tried all the others but always came back to Opera.

tproli

#88 Post by tproli »

The constant crashes of v11 finally made me switch to Chrome though I used Opera for years and I really liked it. I had to install about 10 extensions in Chrome to get the features I was used to in Opera. I don't see why they rushed out v11 when it was far from stable. Anyway, I hope I'll happily roll back in the future but until then I'll use an alternative.

SYSTEM

#89 Post by SYSTEM »

tproli wrote:The constant crashes of v11 finally made me switch to Chrome though I used Opera for years and I really liked it. I had to install about 10 extensions in Chrome to get the features I was used to in Opera. I don't see why they rushed out v11 when it was far from stable. Anyway, I hope I'll happily roll back in the future but until then I'll use an alternative.
I have to say that I haven't had any crashes with Opera 11.01. :|
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

guinness

#90 Post by guinness »

The same here. I am a little shocked you did tproli to be quite honest. I am also surprised that to get the standard functionality in Chrome you had to install 10 Extensions. I personally don't understand the reason behind their rapid version increase, from V1.00 to V11.00 in 3 years does seem a little over the top! :)

Even though Opera now has Extensions, I haven't seen many that I want to add because it would increase productivity, this is either a testament to their brilliant browser having everything or developers don't want to create extensions for Opera?!