Monitoring of new files added

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Message
Author
Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Monitoring of new files added

#1 Post by Kermode » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Anybody know of a program which is a bit like regshot, but instead makes a list of new files installed on a system?

User avatar
wirrerork
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#2 Post by wirrerork » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:53 am

You could try sandboxie and take a look into the sandbox after installing running the program to be monitored.

Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#3 Post by Kermode » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Seems a bit too much.

I liked the old EasyClean - but it has a problem with windows under Windows 7.

Hydaral
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#4 Post by Hydaral » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Regshot does track the files installed, just tick the "Scan dir" box and tell it which directories to monitor.

-.-
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#5 Post by -.- » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Sandboxie has 2 programs to tell you what changed, files/registry http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?Cont ... andboxDiff

Or you could track files with everything (voidtools) export files to txt file and compare before/after with winmerge

Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#6 Post by Kermode » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:00 am

-.- wrote:Sandboxie has 2 programs to tell you what changed, files/registry http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?Cont ... andboxDiff
Is it portable?

User avatar
wirrerork
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#7 Post by wirrerork » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 am

no. you could try process monitor (not process explorer but monitor) from sysinternals. its portable and it shows open handles (registry and files). It produces a lot of output though.

spicydog
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#8 Post by spicydog » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Kermode wrote:Anybody know of a program which is a bit like regshot, but instead makes a list of new files installed on a system?
Try this: http://www.irnis.net/soft/xfff/

Let me know if you found it useful :mrgreen:

Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#9 Post by Kermode » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:27 pm

spicydog wrote:
Kermode wrote:Anybody know of a program which is a bit like regshot, but instead makes a list of new files installed on a system?
Try this: http://www.irnis.net/soft/xfff/

Let me know if you found it useful :mrgreen:
You wrote it, did you? :)

spicydog
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#10 Post by spicydog » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Kermode wrote:
spicydog wrote:
Kermode wrote:Anybody know of a program which is a bit like regshot, but instead makes a list of new files installed on a system?
Try this: http://www.irnis.net/soft/xfff/

Let me know if you found it useful :mrgreen:
You wrote it, did you? :)
Sorry but what do you mean? I wrote what? :?

User avatar
Napiophelios
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#11 Post by Napiophelios » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:09 pm

The program dipstick...he thinks you wrote the program. :roll:

He doesnt know you are too busy workin three different jobs
and dont have the time to write some handy freeware program
Let alone return any of your friends emails

spicydog
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#12 Post by spicydog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:17 am

Napiophelios wrote:The program dipstick...he thinks you wrote the program. :roll:

He doesnt know you are too busy workin three different jobs
and dont have the time to write some handy freeware program
Let alone return any of your friends emails
@ Napiophelios: Hahaha Nappi, so you are still alive! That's nice to notice! "... you are too busy workin three different jobs and dont have the time to write some handy freeware program Let alone return any of your friends emails..." I assume you are talking about yourself in that passage, right? BTW, if you do have a chance and feel like returning any of my emails I would like to know what happened to my buddy A.X. :D

@ Kermode: No I did not write that program I only wrote the URL :mrgreen: in my reply to you... So, did you find that program useful? Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#13 Post by Kermode » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:15 am

spicydog wrote:
You wrote it, did you? :)
Sorry but what do you mean? I wrote what? :?[/quote]

The program.

spicydog
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#14 Post by spicydog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 am

Kermode wrote:
spicydog wrote:
You wrote it, did you? :)
Sorry but what do you mean? I wrote what? :?
The program.[/quote]

It looks like you not read my reply (copied below) to you in the post before your reply?

@ Kermode: No I did not write that program I only wrote the URL :mrgreen: in my reply to you... So, did you find that program useful? Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

Kermode
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Monitoring of new files added

#15 Post by Kermode » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 am

spicydog wrote: It looks like you not read my reply (copied below) to you in the post before your reply?
No I didn't, I click on the email notification link which brought me straight to your question which I answered.

And no i haven't tried it because by the description it doesn't sound like something I could use. It sounds like it only looks at time stamps, and I need something which will tell me all files which are appeared between scan one and scan two regardless of what their timestamps would be.

Post Reply