Slideshow creator?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
nycjv321

Slideshow creator?

#1 Post by nycjv321 »

from photos as well as play audio at same time... such as infranview? but is portable so like I could place an exe in a directory play an audio file in it and then play photos that I have layed out

Leif

#2 Post by Leif »

But IrfanView (sic!) is portable, isn't it?

nycjv321

#3 Post by nycjv321 »

what do you mean by "sic!"????

Well it has depends on directshow to play audio and I have a 64bit system and for some reason the when I create the exe it gives me a problem about directshow.... so I want to try something else..

ashghost

#4 Post by ashghost »

IrfanView's Slideshow dialog has a button labeled "Save slideshow as EXE/SCR", and also has an option to "loop mp3 files", so it can apparently play music.

I just tested it out - created an exe slideshow in a file with a couple of mp3s and some pictures. I moved the whole folder to a different drive and it played fine.

EDIT: I see that I misunderstood. Sorry!

Leif

Re: ...

#5 Post by Leif »

nycjv321 wrote:what do you mean by "sic!"????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic

ashghost

#6 Post by ashghost »

Leif wrote:But IrfanView (sic!) is portable, isn't it?
As long as we're being pedantic, that should be "infranview (sic)".

Checker

#7 Post by Checker »

Have you tried: FastStone MaxView http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=747
Synopsis: FastStone MaxView is a fast and compact image viewer that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO, TGA etc. It also supports digital camera RAW formats, including: CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF and DNG. Features includes lossless JPEG rotation, slideshow with 150+ transitional effects and background music, detailed image information including EXIF metadata etc.

or Slide Show Movie Maker http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=457
Synopsis: Slide Show Movie Maker creates an AVI video from a series of BMP or JPEG pictures. It supports fade-in and fade-out effects, text overlays and background music (WAV only).

@ ashghost: It should be: infranview [sic] :wink:

Leif

#8 Post by Leif »

ashghost wrote:
Leif wrote:But IrfanView (sic!) is portable, isn't it?
As long as we're being pedantic, that should be "infranview (sic)".
He, he! You're dead right, of course! LOL

nycjv321

#9 Post by nycjv321 »

@Checker THX :D Ill check this out later :D

ashghost

#10 Post by ashghost »

nycjv321:

I stumbled across ArtSee in my PStart menu today, and couldn't remember what it did. Turns out it does just what you want - drop the 189 KB executable in a folder of pictures and it'll make a slideshow when run.

It's listed as rejected for writing to the registry, but that seems to be a mistake - I couldn't find anything (searching for "artsee" with Registry Scanner), nor did it write to the registry under RegFromApp.

EDIT: Oops, I completely forgot what you wanted (mp3s playing with the slideshow)!!!! Disregard.
Last edited by ashghost on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

REparsed

#11 Post by REparsed »

XNView is portable (with a simple .ini file edit) and does slide shows. It can even create a stand alone slide show (.exe).

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=30

Andrew Lee

#12 Post by Andrew Lee »

It's listed as rejected for writing to the registry, but that seems to be a mistake - I couldn't find anything (searching for "artsee" with Registry Scanner), nor did it write to the registry under RegFromApp.
Must be an earlier version. I have removed ArtSee from the reject list and added it to the database.