Converting Thunderbird to Thunderbird Portable

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
maxworks

Converting Thunderbird to Thunderbird Portable

#1 Post by maxworks »

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, but I have looked and not been able to find it on the database.

I installed (yes! installed) Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 on my PC and am very happy with the programme... but having been converted to the concept of portable apps (thanks Andrew for this website!) I want to migrate to Thunderbird Portable.

Does anyone know how I can move my settings, mail, etc. from Thunderbird to Thunderbird Portable, or make my installed Thunderbird portable?

Thanks for any help you can give me as I would prefer not to start from scratch.

In peace, Maxxx

Simon.T

#2 Post by Simon.T »

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

I think it's just a simple matter of moving the Thunderbird files from the user profile folder (C:\Document and Settings\...) to "Data\profile" in the Thunderbird Portable folder.

maxworks

#4 Post by maxworks »

Thanks Andrew (what a great site by the way! - and so friendly :P )

My problem was evidently something to do with trying to get Thunderbird Portable whilst the install version was still hanging around... the answer IS as simple as you say - everything goes in the [AppName]\Data\profile (all files and the folders \chrome, \extension and \Mail in my case) and it works...

Thanks for the patience that so many of you PA gurus take with us less then adept...

In peace, Maxxx