Is Radiosure gone forever?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
giulia

Re: Is Radiosure gone forever?

#31 Post by giulia »

Philiweb wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:05 am Hi Giulia

To add new radio stations, the "easiest way" is to go to this page of the Radio-Browser.info website :) : https://www.radio-browser.info/add

Care must be taken to enter the correct informations when adding a radio, because since a few years it is no longer possible to modify them. :| (due to vandalism.)
• More informations here : https://www.radio-browser.info/faq
• New stations that never worked will get deleted after 2 days.
• Stations that worked at some point, but have not been working for at least 6 days now will get deleted.

On the other hand, it means that the (~30000) radio stations in the base have no major problems and are listenable. :wink:
Hi
I would like to add radioparadise , in the database there is only the version 64k AAC+
there is 128kb and 320kb aac and mp3 128/192/320kb and 96/192kb ogg vorbis
in the links there are all of them ,but not in the database
https://www.radio-browser.info/search?p ... e=paradise

by the way would be really amazing a open source radio like radio paradise ,with flac support and with an internal updater
do you think is there a coder that could do it ?
could become the most downloaded and used radio software , full portable
would be awesome
thanks

Philiweb

#32 Post by Philiweb »

Hi
All these Radio Paradise links (in the Radio-Browser station database) have been converted, they are available in Radiosure (~50). :)

RadioSure does not display codecs on its interface, but if you type "Radio Paradise flac" in its search engine, you will get about 10 stations. And good news, RadioSure (2.2.1046) has no problem playing them. 8)

giulia

#33 Post by giulia »

Philiweb wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:15 am Hi
All these Radio Paradise links (in the Radio-Browser station database) have been converted, they are available in Radiosure (~50). :)

RadioSure does not display codecs on its interface, but if you type "Radio Paradise flac" in its search engine, you will get about 10 stations. And good news, RadioSure (2.2.1046) has no problem playing them. 8)
Hi

what do you think about an open source project ?
A very simple radio player like radiosure?

Philiweb

#34 Post by Philiweb »

giulia wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:27 am

Hi

what do you think about an open source project ?
A very simple radio player like radiosure?
Creating "simple" software like RadioSure is surely anything but simple. :P

QMPlay2 is already a good alternative (Free and Open-Source), but it's true that it would benefit from offering a dedicated and customizable radio interface like that of RadioSure... You should talk to its author about it (or look at the simplicity of its source code to fix it :mrgreen: ): https://github.com/zaps166/QMPlay2

Fortunately RadioSure can continue to operate by using the Radio-Browser database, and that's already something :D :

giulia

#35 Post by giulia »

Hi Philiweb
may i ask 2 questions?
i bought in past a copy of radiosure , for some options/new features, i still have it , it should updated daily
i have tried to change the host file according radiosure dot fr
1 ) but i don't get update , do you know why ?
2) inside the station folder ,there is a file called stations.rsdx , my folder is empty and there is only stations-2022-09-13.rsd downloaded manually , should I delete everything and wait an update?
thanks a lot for your help

Philiweb

#36 Post by Philiweb »

Hi Giulia
i bought in past a copy of radiosure , for some options/new features, i still have it , it should updated daily
i have tried to change the host file according radiosure dot fr
1 ) but i don't get update , do you know why ?
2) inside the station folder ,there is a file called stations.rsdx , my folder is empty and there is only stations-2022-09-13.rsd downloaded manually , should I delete everything and wait an update?
  1. RadioSure uses the last update search date it wrote in the RadioSure.xml file..

It looks like this :

Code: Select all

<LastStationsUpdateCheck>2022/09/11/20/10</LastStationsUpdateCheck>
    If RS is registered then the next update will be "allowed" 24 hours after this "LastStationsUpdateCheck", and otherwise one week later for the free version.

Good to know: my VBScript (RB2RS-Database-Updater) also modifies this date in RadioSure.xml and this may delay the update via RS if you use both methods.

:idea: : Make sure that the "Check for new version" box is checked in the Options menu.
  2. You can delete the .rsdx file without worrying but this will have no impact. :wink:
---

Thank you for your question, I will add these info in the "faq" :) : https://www.radiosure.fr

bastosx

#37 Post by bastosx »

Hello Philipweb,
It doesn't let me check the new version... it floats.
any suggestion?

Philiweb

#38 Post by Philiweb »

bastosx wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:13 am Hello Philipweb,
It doesn't let me check the new version... it floats.
any suggestion?
Hello Bastosx,

Which update method do you use ? (manual update ? RS update by modification of the windows hosts file ? VBScript ?)
  • For automatic updates via RadioSure : Make sure the "Check for new version" box is checked in the Options menu. After adding the redirection in the Windows host file, there may be a 7-day delay, here's why : the free version is scheduled for weekly updates, and RadioSure uses the date of the last stations update check which is written in its "RadioSure.xml" file. (For more regular updates, feel free to use the VBScript indicated on the home page. Remark: This script also writes the date of the "last check" in the RadioSure.xml file, this may add delay if you use both methods.)
  • For manuel updates or script : There may be problems with some IPv6 internet access, in which case it is better to use the update address with a domain name (eg : http://rb2rs.freemyip.com/).
  • If you talk about a check for a new version of the software with the "About RadioSure" menu, it will not succeed... but it is still possible to install any version of RS. (the latest version is 2.2.1046)