PDF Editor >> LibreOffice Draw

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
juverax

PDF Editor >> LibreOffice Draw

#1 Post by juverax »

As mentioned in a previous post by webfork: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24928&p=96222&hili ... raw#p96222 , the best FREE and PORTABLE PDF Editor I know is LibreOffice Draw: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2055
I successfully used it to edit some text and to change the page numbers in a PDF file previously created with LibreOffice Writer.

The free portable version of PDF-XChange Editor (https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2832) is useless for me since it adds a watermark when it saves the document.

webfork

Re: PDF Editor >> LibreOffice Draw

#2 Post by webfork »

Unless I missed a new release in the last year or so since I looked into this, it's far and away the best open source PDF editor. I think they could make a LibreOffice knock-off program that was just a PDF editor and no other features, and it would shoot to the top of all download sites.

The fact that you have to dig to get to that very useful feature means it gets lost in the mix.

One feature request I have (and I expect will happen with time) is the ability to convert PDFs into more formats. Below is a their current export to HTML format that's not bad but not great:

(click for larger view)

I just mention it because LibreOffice has good compatibility with more formats than literally any other program, freeware or otherwise. PDF isn't the most open format so the ability to pull images and content out of that into other views would be a relief.

Andrew Lee

Re: PDF Editor >> LibreOffice Draw

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

webfork wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:37 am I think they could make a LibreOffice knock-off program that was just a PDF editor and no other features, and it would shoot to the top of all download sites.
Nicely said! :D