DropIt alternatives

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
webfork

DropIt alternatives

#1 Post by webfork »

Short version: DropIt is no longer in development, what else is there?

Long version

While I fine working as a discussion point for developers software (we have a whole thread dedicated to Freeware Development), one of our still active threads on the site is the DropIt thread where a lot of questions are going unanswered. The developer and a few site regulars that worked with the software have moved on to other projects and I'm worried our site is becoming another Internet dead-end in this area.

To help avoid this, I propose listing some available alternatives above the first post of the DropIt thread. While I have some file management tricks of my own, they are mostly command-line based and probably not suitable for most users. Alternativeto has some possible starting points for DropIt alternatives: https://alternativeto.net/software/drop ... rm=windows , but anything under the heading of easy file management/automation is probably something we could list.

Thoughts or suggestions?

webfork

Re: DropIt alternatives

#2 Post by webfork »

Some available options:

Drag-and-drop conversion

* File Blender

File management by name / file extension
  • File Punter - includes some complex and customizable file move options via Regular Expressions.
  • MoveOut: - I didn't realize there was something already in the database just super simple and awesome. Skrommel came up with one option here some years ago and you can just fill in the values in the text document to quickly create dozens of rules.

Digital Janitor - untested