Wake on LAN Tool

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
wol_user

Wake on LAN Tool

#1 Post by wol_user »

Hi guys,

I've developed a portable Wake on LAN Tool which is Free, that I would like to share with the community.
Do you guys know where I can upload it and how that process works?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Abdi

webfork

Re: Wake on LAN Tool

#2 Post by webfork »

wol_user wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:41 am I've developed a portable Wake on LAN Tool which is Free, that I would like to share with the community.
Do you guys know where I can upload it and how that process works?
Hey Abdi -- welcome to the site and thanks for your willingness to work in freeware. I put together a post on things I hope for in all software projects -- let me know if that helps. It's more of a list of things I like as someone that's been promoting freeware for many years, not so much a step-by-step guide.

I will say that I found out recently that Softpedia takes some time to accept new applications so if you decide to post it there, it might be a few weeks or longer before it goes live. You can host on most freeware websites and try to submit to VirusTotal or other services for analysis. Is this a freeware license or open source?

I'm curious how your experiences go through the process so please post back here or hop on our Discord channel. I'm sure we can come up with more ideas.