Downloads: https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/releases/ (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
FeaturesEncryptPad is an application for viewing and editing symmetrically encrypted text. Using a simple and convenient graphical and command line interface, EncryptPad provides a tool for encrypting and decrypting binary files on disk while offering effective measures for protecting information, and it uses the most widely chosen quality file format OpenPGP RFC 4880. Unlike other OpenPGP software which main purpose is asymmetric encryption, the primary focus of EncryptPad is symmetric encryption.
- Symmetric encryption
- Passphrase protection
- Key file protection
- Combination of passphrase and key file
- Random key file generator
- Key repository in a hidden directory in the user's home folder
- Path to a key file can be stored in an encrypted file. If enabled, you do not need to specify the key file every time you open files.
- Encryption of binary files (images, videos, archives etc.)
- Read only mode to prevent accidental file modification
- UTF8 text encoding
- Windows/Unix configurable line endings
- Customisable passphrase generator helps create strong random passphrases.
- File format compatible with OpenPGP
- Iterated and salted S2K
- Passphrases are not kept in the memory for reuse, only S2K results (more ...)
- Cipher algorithms: CAST5, TripleDES, AES128, AES256
- Hash algorithms: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512
- Integrity protection: SHA-1
- Compression: ZLIB, ZIP
- Large multi-gigabyte files are supported
- Mac OS
Leaves the following folders/files in c:\Users\USERNAME\