Vote for the 2017 best portablefreeware!

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.

What is the best portablefreeware of 2017?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Bootice
9%
CSearcher
27%
CudaText
18%
Otter Browser
9%
Paint.NET
9%
ScreenToGif
9%
StorURL
9%
TTclock
No votes
Vivaldi
9%
XVA Assistant
No votes

Total votes: 11

webfork

Vote for the 2017 best portablefreeware!

#1 Post by webfork »

Apologies that I didn't have a lot of overlap between nominations so I had to unscientifically cut some promising suggestions to get down to the system limit of 10.

2017 Winner: CSearcher

Previous winners:

nickoftime

Re: Vote for the 2017 best portablefreeware!

#2 Post by nickoftime »

Don't want to taint the voting, but I selected CSearcher. This is a great replacement for the crappy Windows search. I can find my files quickly with little or no effort and the UI was well-designed. Also, my other honorable mention is ScreenToGif. These two are my choice as 'must haves' for 2017.

Cheers, Nick

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

I tested CSearcher based on the two votes it currently has.

I posted my comments on the CSearcher listing - https://www.portablefreeware.com/index. ... mment30045

Generally, I found it performed worse than SearchMyFiles, which is probably its closest competitor on TPFC. I might be using CSearcher wrong, but those were my first impressions.
is it stealth? ;)

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Quick note to state that I voted for CSearcher because it supplements nicely my go to file searcher, the aptly named (but apparently defunct) SwiftSearch (viewtopic.php?t=20417) -- the later doesn't seems to work through drive grafts, folder junctions and symbolic links, all of which are present in my daily driver.

Of course CSearcher could be faster, the UI could be simpler and it has that DotNET dependency which I'm not really hot about, but it seems to just work, hence my vote.