Mouse Recorder Premium - Mouse and keyboard recorder

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
bartelsmedia

Mouse Recorder Premium - Mouse and keyboard recorder

#1 Post by bartelsmedia »

We are maker of the Windows Text Expander PhraseExpress which is listed at PortableFreeware.com.

We have now released a companion for PhraseExpress, called "Mouse Recorder Premium" and added it to the database.

It would be great, if you would check it out and vote for it at http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2726.

Thanks!
Attachments
screenshot_small.png
screenshot_small.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 32433 times

webfork

Re: Mouse Recorder Premium - Mouse and keyboard recorder

#2 Post by webfork »

Thanks for taking the additional step of creating an entry but a few quick notes if you add entries in the fiture:
  • We have sort of a format for the other entries, usually under 3 paragraphs. If the program turns out to be portable, I'll cut it down to it's essentials.
  • You've got it listed in 12 categories but the format here isn't to add programs to categories they might be a part of but what they primarily fit into. There are a few exceptions for feature monsters like PeaZip and LibreOffice. Anyway, the only category I'd put this into is System - Keyboard / Mouse.
  • Should the extract instructions include "Launch mouserecorder.exe -portable"?
  • 64-bit status?
  • You're welcome to add a donation button next to the license.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

I went ahead and did a quick update to the entry to bring it in line with our format. Although I really want to try this program out, I haven't had the opportunity yet so I didn't do anything from scratch.

giulia

Mouse Recorder Premium no portable version on the homepage

#4 Post by giulia »

Hi
about Mouse Recorder Premium , in the homepage i can find the portable version

may i know from where can i downlaoad it?
i mean there is the link in the portable version collection ,but don't know from where this link points , in short i don't know from where i download the portable version
thanks

Ennovy

Re: Mouse Recorder Premium no portable version on the homepa

#5 Post by Ennovy »

giulia

Re: Mouse Recorder Premium no portable version on the homepa

#6 Post by giulia »

Ennovy wrote:Did you try the download link on this page?
https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2726

Direct download: http://www.mouserecorder.com/MouseRecorder_Portable.zip

thanks a lot
in their page there is not a link to portable version , weird

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

I recently had a need to automate some very basic functions on my system and was able to do everything just fine with MouseRecorder.

Usage notes
  1. You can launch specific codes with a batch process like mouserecorder.exe filename.mrf but they won't run automatically, you still have to press "play".
  2. Window management is good but not great -- I mostly deleted all the mouse tracking and focused on keyboard actions (Tab, Enter, Up/Down, etc.). This is usually faster anyhow.
  3. If you have problems with window size errors, start everything maximized. This seems to function better with minor screen size changes.
  4. If you have a repeating process (e.g. copying from a spreadsheet to a web form) make sure you run only 2 cycles before running a full cycle. Even though it will pause with keyboard/mouse movement, it's just a good idea.
Bugs
  • You can't copy and paste a given process into another one, they just get mixed up. It really holds you back from creating some complex, sequential processes, but you can copy+paste 2-3 line processes without too much trouble.
  • Save early and save often -- there's a confusing confirmation prompt that can lose a lot of work. For one set I had window_edit1, window_edit2, window_edit3 ... up to 11 total.
  • There's a "divide by zero" error but it's not really a problem, just click past it.
I still love TinyTask and I'm definitely looking into more complex tools, but this program is a great jumping off point for simple macro processes that you can edit/refine. Very good starting program.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

Update here: I've been using this program at least a few times a week to handle some very tedious operations (basically copy items from a spreadsheet, paste into a web browser, and submit). I'm very happy to say it's been very reliable and effective, and I've gradually tweaked some of the scripts to not use delays but instead watch for when a window becomes available. If it stays a part of my workflow, I hope to put together some kind of program intro/demo in the months ahead.

tonyclark

Re: Mouse Recorder Premium no portable version on the homepage

#9 Post by tonyclark »

Hey,
Did you try this Fast auto clicker is a tool that helps you configure the auto clicking on your computer. It is generally used for playing game like Minecraft etc.

THE LINK IS - (*Moderator note: website removed out of concern this is spam*)

Features:
- Free macro recorder
- User friendly interface
- Ease of installation
- Keyboard and mouse actions can be recorded and automated
- Actions can be executed in a queue by hotkeys.

Auto clicker allows its user to perform Mouse functions like “Move cursor”, “Right Click”, “Left Click” and/or “Double Click”. Besides, it also allows Keyboard functions like ‘Pressing a keyboard button” or “Type text” (a complete multi line textual content may be typed out).

Regards,

TonyClark

giulia

#10 Post by giulia »

@TonyClark

is it 100% portable?
thanks

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

Hi Tony and welcome to the site.

Lots of confusion here: the home page is fastautoclicker.com but the actual program name is "Auto Clicker." I tried to search for a Softpedia link for either of those but came up nil. The program name in the toolbar of the screencapture of is "Auto Click Typer", which does show up in a Softpedia search, but is listed as adware/bundleware.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sy ... yper.shtml

Does this include advertisements or other installs?

---

UPDATE: I've taken down the website link as I get the sense that this is just spam.

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

Mouse Recorder Premium website went offline and I couldn't find a suitable mirror so I posted my own.

7z download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N0acxu ... sp=sharing

File details: MouseRecorder-1.0.46.7z
File Size: 1.45 MB
MD5: 6d60193157f9df6ace2f86af8a6a780d
SHA1: a3bb34e130e5ea5a24f3bff570fd0ce100582673
SHA256: a79f1680a615986dbb3fb41478779bbbc980ca7dc9175884dfae6fa4d1db5897
CRC32: dec82a6b

There is an updated version (v.1.0.52) posted to Softpedia that can be extracted with Uniextract2 but after testing I found it to be actually less useful than the v1.0.46 version.

giulia

#13 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:26 pm Mouse Recorder Premium website went offline and I couldn't find a suitable mirror so I posted my own.

7z download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N0acxu ... sp=sharing

File details: MouseRecorder-1.0.46.7z
File Size: 1.45 MB
MD5: 6d60193157f9df6ace2f86af8a6a780d
SHA1: a3bb34e130e5ea5a24f3bff570fd0ce100582673
SHA256: a79f1680a615986dbb3fb41478779bbbc980ca7dc9175884dfae6fa4d1db5897
CRC32: dec82a6b

There is an updated version (v.1.0.52) posted to Softpedia that can be extracted with Uniextract2 but after testing I found it to be actually less useful than the v1.0.46 version.
hi
well thanks for the link
i guess macro recorder is the successor
https://www.macrorecorder.com/
worth to try and see if it portable too
cheers

webfork

#14 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 am i guess macro recorder is the successor
I know this sounds odd but I actually prefer and recommend the old version. It seemed to be more consistent and accurate in my screen recording tests.

webfork

#15 Post by webfork »

UPDATE HERE: I've had some issues with Macro Recorder recently. I don't know if it's caused by a Win10 update or what but I cannot recommend this program. Stick with Mouse Recorder Premium.
giulia wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 ami guess macro recorder is the successor
cheers
I came back to this unfortunately it's not portable. However, that doesn't mean there's nothing to see here. In fact I have an update on this comment:
webfork wrote: I know this sounds odd but I actually prefer and recommend the old version. It seemed to be more consistent and accurate in my screen recording tests.
This program so far while working inside of a Sandbox is fantastic. Image detection, text detection (OCR), window focus, program execution, etc. This is some top quality and easy-to-use automation tools right here. Wow.

License: It's listed as fully commercial, but I'm unclear what the difference is between the registered and unregistered programs. Will definitely test more and post back here when I have more info.

Steps: Download the portable version, unzip, and launch

Status: Not portable. Writes to \AppData\Roaming\macro recorder