is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Message
Author
donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#16 Post by donald » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:34 am

For clarity do you want to hide items on the taskbar or the actual taskbar itself?

Tray everything minimizes apps to taskbar and hides items in taskbar.
Just set it to "Minimize Tray Everything Instead of closing it" & "Hide Tray Everything from tray when minimized" Then "no tray icon for minimized windows"

Do not forget your hotkeys to recover.

This leaves a nice clean tray

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#17 Post by giulia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 am

donald wrote:For clarity do you want to hide items on the taskbar or the actual taskbar itself?

Tray everything minimizes apps to taskbar and hides items in taskbar.
Just set it to "Minimize Tray Everything Instead of closing it" & "Hide Tray Everything from tray when minimized" Then "no tray icon for minimized windows"

Do not forget your hotkeys to recover.

This leaves a nice clean tray
hi
i want to hide the taskbar when i run photoshop
thanks

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#18 Post by donald » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:25 am

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/windows_taskbar_gone_in_full_screen_mode wrote:Photoshop: Windows taskbar gone in full screen mode
... When I press "F" for full screen mode, it overlays the windows taskbar. ...
Could this work to do what you want??

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#19 Post by giulia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:43 am

donald wrote:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/windows_taskbar_gone_in_full_screen_mode wrote:Photoshop: Windows taskbar gone in full screen mode
... When I press "F" for full screen mode, it overlays the windows taskbar. ...
Could this work to do what you want??
Not after the windows 10 anniversary update
and photoshop cc 2017 is a bug paragade

but is so hard to find a program that let me hide the taskbar when i run a program (photoshop or whatever)?
thanks

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#20 Post by donald » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:20 pm

tried google with your needs in mind
result pick#1
Mistermoonlight RE Windows Taskbar Controller wrote:This command line tool allow to remove the taskbar in any situation, whatever the actual taskbar configuration is (autohide active or not)!

With the autohotkey command described above, it is not working when the taskbar is set in autohide mode.

The tool can!

Just run it twice: one with h option (hide) and one time with the d option (disable). The hide option will hide the taskbar when not in autohide mode (already displayed on the screen) and the disable option will make it impossible to show anymore if you bring the mouse to the screen edge in autohide mode

To remove the taskbar

RunWait "Tb.exe" h,"C:\",Hide
RunWait "Tb.exe" d,"C:\",Hide

To make the taskbar appear again

RunWait "Tb.exe" s,"C:\",Hide
RunWait "Tb.exe" e,"C:\",Hide


And now you have a real working taskbar killer
Working download found at http://www.tek271.com/software/other/wi ... controller

As it is command line it will not reach the database by itself ... but if anyone wanted to setup a gui ...

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#21 Post by donald » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

tried google with your needs in mind
result pick#2
Hide Taskbar
TheWindowsClub wrote: ... Hide Taskbar with hotkey
Simply download and run the app. Use hotkeys Ctrl+Esc to hide or un-hide the taskbar. ... developed by Ritesh Kawadkar for Windows Club. Tested on Windows 7. Should work on Windows 10/8 and Windows Vista too!
Works in XP SP3

This should probably be added.

download link
Last edited by donald on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#22 Post by giulia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

donald wrote:tried google with your needs in mind
result pick#1
Mistermoonlight RE Windows Taskbar Controller wrote:This command line tool allow to remove the taskbar in any situation, whatever the actual taskbar configuration is (autohide active or not)!

With the autohotkey command described above, it is not working when the taskbar is set in autohide mode.

The tool can!

Just run it twice: one with h option (hide) and one time with the d option (disable). The hide option will hide the taskbar when not in autohide mode (already displayed on the screen) and the disable option will make it impossible to show anymore if you bring the mouse to the screen edge in autohide mode

To remove the taskbar

RunWait "Tb.exe" h,"C:\",Hide
RunWait "Tb.exe" d,"C:\",Hide

To make the taskbar appear again

RunWait "Tb.exe" s,"C:\",Hide
RunWait "Tb.exe" e,"C:\",Hide


And now you have a real working taskbar killer
Working download found at http://www.tek271.com/software/other/wi ... controller

As it is command line it will not reach the database by itself ... but if anyone wanted to setup a gui ...
hi
have to to create an autohotkey exe and run as service?
i mean i have no runwait as command line
and tb.exe could be photoshop.exe?
i have no experience with autohotkey
thanks

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#23 Post by donald » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: result pick#1
Tool is command line.

To run press windows key & r at same time (run dialog starts)
then type cmd.exe (command line starts)
finally type x:\tb.exe (help shows options in command line & x is your flash drive letter replace with the correct letter)

To hide you would add a space then type h (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To disable you would add a space then type d (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To enable you would add a space then type e (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To show you would add a space then type s (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)

If you closed the command line console you would need to reopen it before executing new commands.

Of course you could create a batch file to launch this and use Bat to exe to automate it and hide the console two batches could do it.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#24 Post by giulia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 pm

donald wrote:Re: result pick#1
Tool is command line.

To run press windows key & r at same time (run dialog starts)
then type cmd.exe (command line starts)
finally type x:\tb.exe (help shows options in command line & x is your flash drive letter replace with the correct letter)

To hide you would add a space then type h (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To disable you would add a space then type d (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To enable you would add a space then type e (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)
To show you would add a space then type s (you would of course type x:\tb.exe first)

If you closed the command line console you would need to reopen it before executing new commands.

Of course you could create a batch file to launch this and use Bat to exe to automate it and hide the console two batches could do it.
hi
thanks a lot!
happy holidays

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#25 Post by donald » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Result pick#3
Taskbar Control
[url=http://www.thefreewindows.com/3252/hide-completely-the-windows-taskbar-using-a-hotkey-and-unhide-it-with-taskbar-control/comment-page-1/#comments]TheFreeWindows[/url] Re: wrote:TheFreeWindows created Taskbar Control, a free and very small program that will let you hide the taskbar (even the 1 pixel line that “auto hide” lets visible) as long as you need, without changing a permanent system option, but just with a keyboard shortcut. By using the same hot key once more you can show / unhide the taskbar again, whenever you want. ... TheFreeWindows created Taskbar Control, a free and very small program that will let you hide the taskbar (even the 1 pixel line that “auto hide” lets visible) as long as you need, without changing a permanent system option, but just with a keyboard shortcut. By using the same hot key once more you can show / unhide the taskbar again, whenever you want. ... you can right click upon to change the hot-key to whatever combination you prefer (the default is Ctrl+Alt+i).
Downloaded from Taskbar Control

Click Cancel for download offer & delete unnecessary files. (TaskbarControl.ini is created at first run which blocks further offers.)
Works as well as pick#2

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#26 Post by donald » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:16 am

Result pick#4
Taskbar Eliminator
aviassin.com Re:Taskbar Eliminator wrote:Simply press and hold Control+Alt+T to bring up the Preferences window, from which all options can be adjusted. Press and hold Alt + T to immediately show or hide the taskbar directly.
Download links provide 2 versions 2.9 and 3.0
2.9 instantly minimizes taskbar on launch and started minimized it also set itself to run at windows start.
3.0 launched interface and set itself to run at windows start.

The only setting is run at windows start, & I am betting it saves to registry each time.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#27 Post by giulia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Orca wrote:@Giulia

The attached might be to your liking but, then again, maybe not.

It's not pretty; it's not elegant: it's a kludge, really.

It's about the best I can manage but it sort of does what you want.
hi
what is it?
thanks

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#28 Post by giulia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:30 am

Orca wrote:@Giulia

The attached might be to your liking but, then again, maybe not.

It's not pretty; it's not elegant: it's a kludge, really.

It's about the best I can manage but it sort of does what you want.
hi
do you know my antivirus barks :(

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#29 Post by giulia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:15 am

Orca wrote:@Giulia

I changed it so that it reacts if it is the active window or not rather than if the program is running or not: I think that makes more practical sense.

(The attached file has been scanned at https://www.virustotal.com/en/ and https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US with these respective virus-detection results: 0/54 and 0/18. So, it's clean by them.)
thank you so much!

donald
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 am
Location: knoxville TN USA

Re: is there a software that can hide the taskbar ?

#30 Post by donald » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 am

so could you confirm this is not accurate on your software and OS

forums.adobe.com wrote:In Photoshop, the full screen modes are in the View > Screen Mode submenu. Or press F to cycle through each of the three screen modes. In Lightroom, the full screen modes are in the Window > Screen Mode submenu. Or press Shift+F to cycle through each of the screen modes or press F for the full screen preview.

Post Reply