is there an effective program that can find duplicate image?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Message
Author
User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

is there an effective program that can find duplicate image?

#1 Post by giulia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 am

Hi
is there a freeware effective program that can find duplicate image in a folder?
but using an engine to find them
i mean no using file data but content
alternative to xnview

thanks
i would appreciate it a lot

gezley
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:18 am
Location: Ireland

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#2 Post by gezley » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 am


User avatar
__philippe
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#3 Post by __philippe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 am

Antidupl is my first recommendation. Second best is imgSearch.

Check discussion and URL pointers for both suggestions here:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... upl#p65592

Cheers,

__philippe

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#4 Post by giulia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:04 am

__philippe wrote:Antidupl is my first recommendation. Second best is imgSearch.

Check discussion and URL pointers for both suggestions here:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... upl#p65592

Cheers,

__philippe
thanks
but sadly is not portable

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#5 Post by I am Baas » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:28 pm

giulia wrote:but sadly is not portable
Interesting. Care to share why it's not portable?
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9869
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#6 Post by webfork » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm

I generally use Double Killer for duplicate files. If I'm trying to find similar images, I use imgSearch like __philippe mentioned or Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#7 Post by giulia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 pm

I am Baas wrote:
giulia wrote:but sadly is not portable
Interesting. Care to share why it's not portable?
is not in the list of portable software here

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#8 Post by I am Baas » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 pm

giulia wrote:
I am Baas wrote:
giulia wrote:but sadly is not portable
Interesting. Care to share why it's not portable?
is not in the list of portable software here
Antidupl is portable, mmmkay!
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#9 Post by giulia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 pm

I am Baas wrote: Antidupl is portable, mmmkay!
hi
why isn't in the http://www.portablefreeware.com/ collection?

thanks

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#10 Post by I am Baas » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 pm

giulia wrote:
I am Baas wrote: Antidupl is portable, mmmkay!
hi
why isn't in the http://www.portablefreeware.com/ collection?

thanks
You may add it to the db if you like it.
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#11 Post by giulia » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 am

I am Baas wrote:
giulia wrote:
I am Baas wrote: Antidupl is portable, mmmkay!
hi
why isn't in the http://www.portablefreeware.com/ collection?

thanks
You may add it to the db if you like it.
can you do it dude ?

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 5901
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#12 Post by Midas » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:25 am

:twisted:

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#13 Post by I am Baas » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:45 am

giulia wrote:can you do it dude ?
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

No. Fu*k off.
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#14 Post by I am Baas » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 am

Midas wrote::twisted:
Thanks.
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: is there an effective program that can find duplicate im

#15 Post by giulia » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

I am Baas wrote:
giulia wrote:can you do it dude ?
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

No. Fu*k off.
thanks really
very nice!

by the way i don't know even how can i submit it !

Post Reply