An Explorer like XP for Windows 7 and beyond...

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Marc

Re: An Explorer like XP for Windows 7 and beyond...

#16 Post by Marc »

david.lynch wrote:I would be satisfied if I find a way to run the exact explorer.exe from XP on any other OS Image
:D
Some time ago I read another opinion in a ghacks article that I found very interesting and with whom I conccurr completely.
"I think it’s biggest selling point was that it didn’t make a lot of assumptions about how you were to use it."
On another ground, regarding performance
"So I decided to see how each of the three operating systems compared to each other in several crucial categories. Frankly, the results were a bit surprising. While they aren't a knockout blow for Windows 7, they do show that, by some measures, XP outperforms Windows 7 on legacy hardware."
Windows 7 vs XP Performance Shoot-Out

From my personal experience WXP X86 with AMD dual-core and 4GB RAM runs noticeable faster than W7 X64. I especially care about it because if a system or application is slower, it means you do less in the same time.

At some point we could say W7 is Vista RC2. Comparing Vista with W7 seems to be easier to find improvements i.e. performance/usability. But from XP to Vista? A major Visual/user interface change? or...?

Other than that I'm not a fan of all-in-one applications, I'd rather go for using very especialized an efficient apps in combination that cover the same functionality. It seems that MS appears to pursue is to create an all-in-one OS for desktop and mobile with W8. Shouldn't be the right approach to create separate versions for each environment?

Midas

#17 Post by Midas »

Marc wrote:From my personal experience WXP X86 with AMD dual-core and 4GB RAM runs noticeable faster than W7 X64. I especially care about it because if a system or application is slower, it means you do less in the same time.

[...] Other than that I'm not a fan of all-in-one applications, I'd rather go for using very especialized an efficient apps in combination that cover the same functionality.
I second that 100%. :roll:

loin2kolpotoru

#18 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

I want to know how to Reduce the Size of the Thumbnails in CubicExplorer. When i set the view to title CubicExplorer shows the type of file and folder below the name how can i disable it so that it looks same like windows explorer.

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

Note: Just Manager was given it's own submission thread post.

spicydog

#20 Post by spicydog »

Did you try QTTabBar?

If you tweak it a bit you might obtain what you need... A screenshot just to give you an idea ;)