Xml editor ?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
songless

Xml editor ?

#1 Post by songless »

Do you know portable XML Editors with Intellisense if is possible ?

alanbcohen

#2 Post by alanbcohen »

Take a look at Notepad++, which can be found here. It is a general purpose editor that is equipped with both XML syntax checking and autocompletion (but not the Microsoft version). I use it as my editor but don't use it for XML since I don't need that particular functionality.

A suggestion for the future, you will probably get a faster response if you use generally understood terms like 'autocompletion' instead of proprietary and trademarked terms from one manufacturer. Autocompletion has been around a lot longer than Microsoft's implementation!

songless

#3 Post by songless »

Yeah I understand, but in this case Intellisense describes better what I'm trying to say.
I want a XML editor with Intellisense/autocompletion from a XML Schema, in other words, inside an <orders> element the editor suggest the <order> element reading the associate schema.
Like the payware XML Spy or the open source XML Copy Editor.

Notepad++ read a list of words and autocomplete if you write the first letters of the word. At least I believe this.

Thanks.

teobromina

Re: Xml editor ?

#4 Post by teobromina »

songless wrote:Do you know portable XML Editors with Intellisense if is possible ?
songless, possibly what I am pointing to is not what you need, and may be you know it already, but it is nice anyway: An XML editor that is able to understand XSL rules and to build a XML resulting page.

http://www.simxtech.com/users/zc2/xtrans/

Regards.

*JT.

lautrepay

Re: Xml editor ?

#5 Post by lautrepay »

winPenPack's version of XML Copy Editor (X-XMLCopyEditor) is in the database.
If it's useful for you, vote @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2355.