Chameleon Shutdown

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
spicydog

Chameleon Shutdown

#1 Post by spicydog »

Howdy :)

Chameleon Shutdown can be found at the bottom of this page: http://www.chameleon-managers.com/

Tested portable (provided "Portable Mode" is selected in Options). v.1.2.2.36

This very neat app with an impressive array of options is alas not entirely bug free... I have already contacted the dev (to request a couple of additional features) with the 2 following points:

1) If CS is set to portable mode and added to Windows startup it will attempt to install the application (at boot time) rather than just starting it minimized to the tray.

2) Some languages (such as Italian and German) are not detected by the GUI and despite the correct .lng files are in the Language subfolder, these languages are not listed in the Options/Language menu.

While I believe to have found a (manual) solution to both bugs I suggest to post here any development (replies or new fixed releases) the author might provide.

Hope you will like it as much as I do :mrgreen:

webfork

Re: Chameleon Shutdown v.1.2.2.36

#2 Post by webfork »

From the site:
Chameleon Shutdown allows you to switch off, restart, hibernate the computer and perform other operations both immediately and when certain conditions are met (specific time, delay, idle time, CPU usage, closure of a certain program).
You can add multiple conditions without limitation.
The interface supports skins and is very easy to use.

Functional on XP and above, including 64-bit.

spicydog

#3 Post by spicydog »

Thanks for having integrated my post, webfork :) (next time I will do a proper job).

BTW, did you (or anybody else) try Chameleon Shutdown on XP SP3?

Does it "misbehave" (same 2 bugs described in my earlier post) also on OSs other than XP?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

spicydog wrote:Thanks for having integrated my post, webfork :) (next time I will do a proper job).

BTW, did you (or anybody else) try Chameleon Shutdown on XP SP3?
No problem -- I haven't tested it because so far it doesn't seem to have any features beyond TimeComX. http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1720 Is that not the case?

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

This is also on my testing queue, due to current problems with hibernation. Will report sometime.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:This is also on my testing queue, due to current problems with hibernation. Will report sometime.
Understood. I have something similar.

spicydog

#7 Post by spicydog »

webfork wrote:I haven't tested it because so far it doesn't seem to have any features beyond TimeComX. http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1720 Is that not the case?
I have briefly tested TimeComX and I am confident that if you'll try Chameleon Shutdown you'll enjoy the difference... The only thing I liked better in TimeComX was that cute little turning knob to increase/decrease the time :mrgreen:

webfork

Re: Chameleon Shutdown

#8 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: the program was updated back in 2013 to v.1.2.2.40

Steps:

1. Download and extract using 7zip
2. Delete $PLUGINSDIR and uninstall.exe.nsis
3. Launch shutdown.exe
4. From the options menu, select portable mode:

---

Status: Portable -- writes to \Shutdown configuration\settings.ini

You can hover over the specific operations (in this case lock) and it will change to show you some options:

And you can change all kinds of settings, including combining (you can use either AND or OR operations):

spicydog

Re: Chameleon Shutdown

#9 Post by spicydog »

Thanks for the heads up dear Webfork :)

I take this opportunity to wish you and all my PFC friends all the very best during these difficult (covid-19) times.

Please stay always safe and healthy... This too will pass !

Spicydog :mrgreen: