Filter filetypes from compression

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
castman

Filter filetypes from compression

#1 Post by castman »

I need a program to do as short described in this title. I want to compress a lot of folders and the problem is that such folders contains filetypes that I don't want to compress(to not waste resources or worse) mostly: .jpg, .png, .avi and .mp3. Because I only want to compress the text-like files of this folders and add all to a single archives. That feature would really help a lot to see in a compression program. 7-zip 9.20 still doesn't have this. Could please help me out =P!?

lautrepay

Re: Filter filetypes from compression

#2 Post by lautrepay »

Bandizip and its "High Speed Archiving"?
Forum topic link: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... t=bandizip

m^(2)

#3 Post by m^(2) »

FreeArc. By default it tries to compress them with a faster compression method, but you can switch it to none as well as define the precise set of files for which such filter should apply.

castman

#4 Post by castman »

Well, I was trying to reproduce what you mention to solve in PeaZip which is the one I most use along with 7-zip and it seems like it has a checkbox for advanced filters which you have to check/uncheck to configure. I was trying to figure out how it works but after taking a look at PeaZip documentation I saw that you just have to specify with wildcards each include or exclusion criteria by line and I got it working:

Exclusion filters:
*.jpg
*.png
*.avi
*.mp3

Thank you, you really accelerated my solution here =]