Evernote Portable (custom launcher)

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
celsius

Re: Evernote Portable (custom launcher)

#46 Post by celsius »

Could you remove hidden and system attributes for

\Evernote Portable\Desktop.ini
\Evernote Portable\Tmp\

I always getting annoying warning when moving files.

Thank you 3K3!

Enternal

#47 Post by Enternal »

I just have to say: Thank you! I'm glad that there's a portable launcher for Evernote. It's always been a shame that Evernote no longer makes any portable version even though it's so much more useful than the web version. Thank you!

3K3

#48 Post by 3K3 »

celsius wrote:Could you remove hidden and system attributes for

\Evernote Portable\Desktop.ini
\Evernote Portable\Tmp\
Hello celsius,
system attributes have been removed from all items in the new launcher that I’m preparing. If everything goes as planned I will release new version in the next few days.
Thank you for signing in and posting the request.
Enternal wrote:I just have to say: Thank you! I'm glad that there's a portable launcher for Evernote. It's always been a shame that Evernote no longer makes any portable version even though it's so much more useful than the web version. Thank you!
Hello Enternal,
thank you for your kind words. They came at the right time.

3K3

#49 Post by 3K3 »

21.01.2014: Version 3.5.0.1
- New options to configure the launcher:
Temp Folder - you can specify custom folder of the EP temp files (folder must exist).
Delete Temp Files - by default launcher deletes EP temp files on exit.
Desktop Shortcut - create shortcut (Evernote Portable) on user's desktop. Option is disabled by default.
Start Menu Shortcut - create shortcut (Evernote Portable) in user's start menu. Option is disabled by default.
- Many other improvements.

whatznext28

#50 Post by whatznext28 »

Each time I move between computers it tells me "Synchronization Failed Invalid Username and/or Password." I then have to log off and back on and since I have two factor authentication I have to get another verification code sent to me. Is there anything that can be done so I don't have to go through this each time (besides disabling two factor authentication)?

3K3

#51 Post by 3K3 »

whatznext28 wrote:Each time I move between computers it tells me "Synchronization Failed Invalid Username and/or Password." I then have to log off and back on and since I have two factor authentication I have to get another verification code sent to me. Is there anything that can be done so I don't have to go through this each time (besides disabling two factor authentication)?
Hi whatznext28,
I’m aware of this issue but can’t do anything about it. It’s all Evernote and how it handles registration data.

omaa kaan

#52 Post by omaa kaan »

First of all, big thanks 3K3. Great piece of soft and a life saver at my work.

I have couple of questions/problems, it would be great if you could help me. I'm new to EN so maybe my problems are not connected with Launcher itself, but I couldn't find right info.

1) I can't uncheck "Sync in background' option. After restart of EN portable, it is checked again. I prefer manual synchronization (to have full control of the process), so don't want that.

2) to use web clipper in Firefox, I have to mark "Start Evernote At Login=1", so EN is running all the time. Is there any way to make FF web clipper activate/wake up desktop EN?
If desktop EN is not running, web clipper is just sending my clips to my account via syncing (although I set "Evernote on your desktop" in FF). With installed version of EN, web clipper was forcing start desktop app, as I remeber.

3) if EN have to be running in the background of the system to properly work with web clipper and "Send To" submenu, is there any way to limit number of running processes? Now I have: Evernote(P), Evernote, EvernoteClipper, EvernoteTray in task manager, consuming 60-70 MB of RAM, even if I am not working with EN at all. Maybe "EvernoteClipper" alone could be enough?

I'm running Win7 HP SP1 x64.
Gratefull for any advice.

3K3

#53 Post by 3K3 »

Hello omaa kaan,
sorry for late reply.
omaa kaan wrote:First of all, big thanks 3K3. Great piece of soft and a life saver at my work.
You are welcome and thank you for your kind words.

Sync in Background option
"Keep Running In Tray" option under General section in Launcher.ini file controls "Sync in Background" option.
I'll remove "Keep Running In Tray" from launcher options since now you can turn it on/off through Evernote GUI and tray icon.

Firefox web clipper
IE, Outlook and Firefox clippers require EP to run to be able to send clips to desktop client. At the moment, only Chrome web clipper is able to wake up EP (uses Evernote protocol).

Limiting number of running processes
You can start the launcher - Evernote(P).exe - with "-et" parameter. This way, the main ram eater - Evernote.exe - is running only when you need it to.
I'll add "Start In Tray" option to launcher config options.

Thank you for your feedback.

omaa kaan

#54 Post by omaa kaan »

I really appreciate this. Can't wait new version.
Workaround with "-et" parameter works fine.

All the very best for you.

avi-aryan

#55 Post by avi-aryan »

Thanks @3K3 , so far works great .

3K3

#56 Post by 3K3 »

avi-aryan wrote:Thanks @3K3 , so far works great .
You are welcome, glad to hear. :D

konfuzius

#57 Post by konfuzius »

@3K3 updateability of portable evernote is great, i love it.

We/I need an option will make your work just perfect. Possibility open URLs in favorite portable browser. Like it was implemented in such portable software: LinkStash (..\..\..\..\Chrome\GoogleChromePortable.exe), TV-Browser (..\..\..\..\Apps\Chrome\ChromeLKL.exe + parameter {0}), Filezilla, ... .

Please don't suggest make portable chrome as default browser, because it's a pain in the a and it doesn't really work. But option mentioned above works.

NO IE, NO EDIT/COPY/PASTE anymore ;)

So please, please, please implement this feature.

webfork

#58 Post by webfork »

konfuzius wrote:So please, please, please implement this feature.
I don't know but I suspect monetary contributions might influence your friendly freeware developers :)

jr32312

#59 Post by jr32312 »

FYI

when installing this, all seemed fine until it asked me if I wanted to compress the programs files. While compressing, my AV picked up

win32:Evo-gen

FYI

keithc

#60 Post by keithc »

Noticed that the graphics have disappeared from the main post, replaced by an image for ImageShack, which claims to be a link, but does not actually seem to be so. This makes following the animation a bit difficult, as it doesn't appear ;)