Evernote Portable (custom launcher)

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
webfork

Re: Evernote Portable (custom launcher)

#61 Post by webfork »

I'm confused about the process of making this program portable. Could someone familiar with this give a clear step-by-step?

Also, I don't think there's a way out of having to register, but I think I found a few tricks to keep my data local, which I'll post in the official thread.

F3L1P3

#62 Post by F3L1P3 »

Hey man, thanks for this awesome portable solution :D it works fine :)

Stefan567

#63 Post by Stefan567 »

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say, it still works. You just need to take an older version of Evernote in the beginning. I don't know what will happen if you update it.

I took Version 4.6.1.7860 and found it here:

https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/

Thanks for this great app!

Midas

#64 Post by Midas »

Evernote has now been sold, after struggling to keep solvent for a while...

I found the following article insightful in helping me understand how this once dominant and popular application reached such a point.
For Evernote, the restructuring of its freemium product was both long overdue and urgently necessary. For Evernote’s users, however, it was a slap in the face. Not only had Evernote crippled its free version, severely limiting its utility to free users, it had also failed to fix many of the bugs that still plagued even paid versions of the product.
The company’s primary competitors -- Microsoft’s OneNote and Apple’s Notes -- weren’t as fully featured as Evernote, but they offered a lot more functionality free of charge, making Evernote’s new pricing even less appealing.

Andrew Lee

#65 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 am
Thanks Midas, that was a really good read.

I have tried Evernote briefly earlier on, but it just didn't click with me. I guess a major concern of mine is to entrust all that info to a single proprietary entity that can go bust anytime. As far as I can help it, I'd prefer to keep my info base local.