Collection of antivirus, antispyware... programms

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
phreak

Collection of antivirus, antispyware... programms

#1 Post by phreak »

I think there are a few more then here.

Could we start to tell each other portable antivirus programms? I think it`s a good idea to put them on some external device to scan the system by using a boot cd or whatever in case I need them.

I know:
- CWS Shredder
- Avast Cleaner
- Dr.Web CureIt
- Ewido Antispyware Micro Edition

(I think some of them just write to registery that you accepted the license. No other files are written to harddisk afaik.)

Please tell me more.

acgrego

Dr.Web CureIt!

#2 Post by acgrego »

This is a FREE anti-virus and anti-spyware utility based on Dr.Web Anti-virus scanner, which will help you quickly scan and cure, if necessary, a computer operated by MS Windows 95OSR2/ 98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP/2003Vista without installation of the Dr.Web Anti-virus.

Site:
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/

Download link
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/cureit.exe

portackager

#3 Post by portackager »

I've used these..

Ad-Aware, Spybot s&d, Ewido freeware (now AVG Anti-Spyware), Spyware blaster, Winpooch, Clamwin

They seem portable as in didn't require me to install them (after to copying them to USB), but as for being stealthy portable may be a different case.

chen2portablefreeware

#4 Post by chen2portablefreeware »

You can visit the page http://www.winaddons.com/top-300-freeware-software/ . There are some antivirus freeware and other freeware. :)

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

It there any portable (preferably stealth) anti-virus that able to do automatic threat handling and scanning every file opened, executed, or saved?

SleepingWolf

#6 Post by SleepingWolf »

The problem with these programs is that you're constantly updating them which means potentially your usb drive could 'wear out' quicker. :(