Ongoing problems with F.lux and Redeye both made me give up on screen coloring tools. Instead (strange as this may sound) I'm wearing "computer glasses" which work great and help avoid eye strain. I also recommend eye drops if you live in a dry climate.
Tried to run UniExtract on EyeCare4US but that seemed to break it and appears to write settings to the registry.
New links for sites mentioned above that have gone offline:
- Friendeye: http://sourceforge.net/projects/friendeye
- EyeLeo: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-too ... eLeo.shtml
- Take a Break http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... nder.shtml
- Eye strain suggestions: http://www.computer-vision-syndrome.org/prevent-treat/
- More http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Breaks-at-Work
- Other tools I might test in the future from MakeUseOf: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-tools-re ... -computer/ and http://www.workrave.org/