Feature Request: quick link to the TPFC homepage from Forums (mobile version)

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Pendrive

Feature Request: quick link to the TPFC homepage from Forums (mobile version)

#1 Post by Pendrive »

I often look at the active topics in the Forums on my phone and, then, I want to go the TPFC homepage but there appears to be no quick and obvious link for this as there is with the desktop version of this site.

Andrew Lee

Re: Feature Request: quick link to the TPFC homepage from Forums (mobile version)

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

The extension (for adding the graphical logo and link to the main page) doesn't work with mobile browsers.

But I found a config setting that adds a "Home" link to the breadcrumb (before "Board index").

If you click on that, it will bring you to the main page.

Pendrive

Re: Feature Request: quick link to the TPFC homepage from Forums (mobile version)

#3 Post by Pendrive »

DELETED
Last edited by Pendrive on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

And here I was wondering why my quick link to the forum top level was taking me to the homepage instead... :o

But I avow it's a needed change, especially if it helps mobile visitors. I'll get used to it in no time, I think.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

Pendrive wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:59 amHad it been there already and I missed it?
Nope, it is a phpBB setting which I had to turn on. Previously, it was simply "Board index".
Midas wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm And I was wondering here why my quick link to the forum top level was taking me to the homepage instead... :o

But I avow it's a needed change, especially if it helps mobile visitors. I'll get used to it in no time, I think.
My apologies! I looked at ways to make the mobile version work the same way as the desktop version, but there wasn't any "clean" way to do it. So this is the best approach so far, unless something else turns up..

Albert90

#6 Post by Albert90 »

That was a good request, thanks. And thanks for addressing it so quickly too, I'm impressed!