[Edit page] Move release date field next to version field

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.

Move "Release date" next to "Version" field in the editing page?

Yes
50%
No
25%
No real preference either way
25%

Total votes: 4

Midas

Re: [Edit page] Move release date field next to version field

#16 Post by Midas »

bitcoin wrote:what bothers me is some older entries dont have any info in latest release date field

Whenever I come across such cases in the general database, I try to add the missing info -- but sometimes there's is no reputable info to add...

bitcoin

#17 Post by bitcoin »

vevy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:01 pm
bitcoin wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm looks ok to me the way it is fwiw
The main problem for me is that It requires too much scrolling, and the order could be better.

Can you elaborate? Do you like the one-per-row design or what exactly?
i think the first row should be shorter lengthwise than the rows below it, if you add "Release Date" to the top row it will look out of balance
imo the emphasis is correct now with Name in bold and slightly larger font, then version, and the Updated tag
the second row has items of lesser importance and font size is accordingly diminished

everything looks fine to me

if there's too much scrolling then "Member Points" and "Latest Comments" sections could be reduced to one line only until clicked on by the user and then expanded - I would agree with you there. That would reduce scrolling from the "Latest Entries" view by at least a third, maybe half

like this program has 21 lines wasted because of who upvoted it - https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1479
would be better if that line just said "Member points (88): > 21 Users" and then click on it and it drops down the list
that list should only be by default expanded on its own program page, not from the "Latest Entries" page or any other page where other programs are listed - ie Search Results or various Category pages

Midas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 am
bitcoin wrote:what bothers me is some older entries dont have any info in latest release date field

Whenever I come across such cases in the general database, I try to add the missing info -- but sometimes there's is no reputable info to add...
i dont seem to have editing rights or i would help

even just the year from the filename properties would be better than nothing

vevy

#18 Post by vevy »

@bitcoin. Thank you for replying. Now I see that we are actually talking about two different things!

I was taking about the edit page!
bitcoin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am like this program has 21 lines wasted because of who upvoted it - https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1479
would be better if that line just said "Member points (88): > 21 Users" and then click on it and it drops down the list
that list should only be by default expanded on its own program page, not from the "Latest Entries" page or any other page where other programs are listed - ie Search Results or various Category pages
It seems to me that you have JavaScript disabled. The member points field is reduced to a button at the top if JS is enabled.

bitcoin

#19 Post by bitcoin »

vevy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm @bitcoin. Thank you for replying. Now I see that we are actually talking about two different things!

I was taking about the edit page!
ah, ok
vevy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm
bitcoin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am like this program has 21 lines wasted because of who upvoted it - https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1479
It seems to me that you have JavaScript disabled. The member points field is reduced to a button at the top if JS is enabled.
yeah i have uMatrix and uBlock Origin running