This app rocks! This app sucks! Does this work properly?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Special

This app rocks! This app sucks! Does this work properly?

#1 Post by Special »

So when I vote for a "This app rocks!" it accepts my vote and removes the option of "This app rocks!" because well duh, its been picked so it makes sense to hide it.

But when I vote for "This app sucks!" the option is still there after my vote, is my vote being saved/remembered correctly? Seems that "This app sucks!" should be hidden afterwards like the above.

SYSTEM

Re: This app rocks! This app sucks! Does this work properly?

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

AFAIK, this is how it's supposed to work.

"This app rocks" adds the app to your favorites, and "this app sucks" likewise removes it from there.

Because an app that you dislike is unlikely to be in your favorites to begin with, "this app sucks" is always available even if the app isn't in your favorites... whereas "this app rocks" isn't available if the app is in your favorites.
In favorites Can vote "rocks" Can vote "sucks"
no (default) yes yes
yes no yes
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Special

#3 Post by Special »

Okay that makes sense now that I know it's tied to the favorites. Thanks.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 am "This app rocks" adds the app to your favorites, and "this app sucks" likewise removes it from there.
That's both an accurate and very clear explanation. Well done.

Special

#5 Post by Special »

Might as well just change those to "add to favorites" and "remove from favorites", then change, or leave the "rocks" / "sucks" for voting purposes, because right now it seems like you can continually downvote an app by doing "this app sucks" over and over again because the option is still left there aftwards, and there is no "feedback" to the user like "you have already voted for this app.".

SYSTEM

#6 Post by SYSTEM »

Special wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 pm Might as well just change those to "add to favorites" and "remove from favorites", then change, or leave the "rocks" / "sucks" for voting purposes, because right now it seems like you can continually downvote an app by doing "this app sucks" over and over again because the option is still left there aftwards, and there is no "feedback" to the user like "you have already voted for this app.".
AFAIK, multiple downvotes from the same user aren't counted.

I like the voting system the way it is. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

__philippe

#7 Post by __philippe »

SYSTEM wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:18 pm I like the voting system the way it is. :)
Seconded ! ...Don't fix it if it ain't broke, that's my motto... :wink:

Midas

#8 Post by Midas »

Special wrote: Right now it seems like you can continually downvote an app by doing "this app sucks" over and over again because the option is still left there aftwards, and there is no "feedback" to the user like "you have already voted this app.".
From a strictly UI usability angle, you are entirely correct -- the lack of user feedback is a flaw.

Acknowledged that, I also agree with our members saying it's a very minor issue we needn't beckon our ever amenable host with... :|