Is this site compatible with FF 59.1?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Grisu

Is this site compatible with FF 59.1?

#1 Post by Grisu »

Hello,

after upgrading to the latest Firefox (64-Bit) I can't access the forums anymore. The texts / images aren't displayed properly.

Does anyone else have the same issues?

Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/bmmqzcY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iVTchqh.jpg

Cheers
Grisu
Last edited by Grisu on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Special

Re: Is this site compatible with FF 59.1?

#2 Post by Special »

Works fine for me, also on FF 59.0.1

But I've seen others complain about "sites" not loading correctly and it seems there's a bug that needs to get fixed, but there is a workaround apparently.
''so far it appears to be an issue that only affects users who have turned off cleartype font rendering within their windows settings. so a workaround for the moment would either be to turn cleartype back on or disabling hardware acceleration in firefox: Firefox's performance setting''
No idea if this issue is what you are facing.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Grisu wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 amafter upgrading to the latest Firefox (64-Bit) I can't access the forums anymore. The texts / images aren't displayed properly.
I've got to ask the obligatory "what does your setup look like"? Are you using any plugins? Can you launch in safe mode and let us know if it shows up that way?

Grisu

#4 Post by Grisu »

Windows 10 (64-Bit) fully patched & MSI Geforce 1070 (8GB) with latest NVidia drivers. Latest (FF 64-Bit) all add-ons disabled.

It is really strange, sometimes the forum displays every item, text in order, sometimes don't. So far I have only seen this with your site.

I'm also checking my system for viruses... But it seems to be some sort of display driver issue.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

I use FF Portable as my daily driver, and have just upgraded to 59.0.1 as well. So far so good.

It could be a video driver issue, but could also be due to FF's interaction with the driver.

Do you get the same problem with eg. Chrome?

Grisu

#6 Post by Grisu »

I don't use Chrome. But under Edge it works fine as well.

Just wanted to make sure that the error is on my end and not forum related. Will just wait for the next FF update. :)

SYSTEM

#7 Post by SYSTEM »

Grisu wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:51 am Windows 10 (64-Bit) fully patched & MSI Geforce 1070 (8GB) with latest NVidia drivers.
Wow, you've got a powerful PC. :shock:

I also have similar text rendering problems with Firefox 59.0.1. However, they also occur in many other websites, at least Reddit.

I have font smoothing disabled in Windows settings, and that apparently is a requirement for the problem or at least makes it much more likely to occur. (My setup is similar to yours, though: 64-bit Windows 10, and GeForce GTX 1060.)

The issue doesn't matter much to me because I use Vivaldi as my primary browser.

Another workaround that has been commonly suggested is disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox settings.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Grisu

#8 Post by Grisu »

With a powerful PC comes great responsibilty. :mrgreen: Just kidding, I doubt that a 1070 is state of the art in 2018.

Thanks for letting me know of other options and that I'm not alone with this.. :wink:

SYSTEM

#9 Post by SYSTEM »

The bug was fixed in Firefox 59.0.2. :)
Fixed: Invalid page rendering with hardware acceleration enabled (Bug 1435472)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020