Portable Freeware official newsletter: what's it like?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Specular

Portable Freeware official newsletter: what's it like?

#1 Post by Specular »

Up until now I hadn't really given thought to what the official PF newsletter might contain or if one continues to be released, even though it occupies every page on the site :) Any subscribers want to give a brief idea of what it's like?

Midas

Re: Portable Freeware official newsletter: what's it like?

#2 Post by Midas »

Probably because I seldom signup for anything by email delivery -- spam keeps me busy enough, thank you -- I had never even given that any thought. :shock:

So I went poking around and found this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/pfc...

It requires a Google account and is mostly a list of updates like you get in a site feed. Maybe some of our community's brightest can come up with ideas for revamping it. :wink:

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Specular wrote:Any subscribers want to give a brief idea of what it's like?
I actually have no idea. I'll take a look and come back to this.

Specular

#4 Post by Specular »

Midas wrote:So I went poking around and found this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/pfc...

It requires a Google account and is mostly a list of updates like you get in a site feed. Maybe some of our community's brightest can come up with ideas for revamping it. :wink:
Could be cool if it included a weekly summary of statistics, like the most liked program for that period, the entry with the most activity, the most popular searches during that time (maybe), and such. Then perhaps a simple list of new/updated entries below it.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:52 am Probably because I seldom signup for anything by email delivery -- spam keeps me busy enough, thank you -- I had never even given that any thought. :shock:

So I went poking around and found this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/pfc...

This was set up eons ago to wrap around the actual TPFC RSS feed, which is www.portablefreeware.com/?t=rss.

It's basically to leverage on Feedburner's RSS => Email functionality for those who didn't like or want to use a RSS reader.

I think Feedburner used to have a lot of functionality for both publisher and subscriber, but they have pretty much turned zombie after being purchased by Google.