TPFC Database

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Andrew Lee

Re: TPFC Database

#31 Post by Andrew Lee »

shnbwmn wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am I agree with @billon and @smaragdus that a forum topic submission should be a requirement for database entry. :!:
I agree it's a great idea too! I will get it done ASAP.

[EDIT] OK, I have implemented the change, and updated the new user FAQ to reflect this new rule.

Midas

#32 Post by Midas »

Like it's presently the case with comments, how about deleting only those entries flagged by two or more users? Is this even doable and would it accomplish the desired result? :?

@webfork: shouldn't the current topic be in "Suggestions/Discussions"? :mrgreen:

Andrew Lee

#33 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote:Like it's presently the case with comments, how about deleting only those entries flagged by two or more users? Is this even doable and would it accomplish the desired result? :?
I think it is quite feasible to use the current scoring system such that if the score is <= -5 (negative 5), we will flag the entry for deletion. So 1 thumbs-down from a R5 user and the entry will be gone. Of course, we could also raise the bar higher (or lower, depending on which way you look at it) if we think we should require at least 2 users to effect the removal.
Midas wrote:@webfork: shouldn't the current topic be in "Suggestions/Discussions"? :mrgreen:
Done!

Midas

#34 Post by Midas »

Let's see what everyone thinks about it. And thanks. :)

billon

#35 Post by billon »

Mixture, you are veteran, wtf are you doing?

webfork

#36 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:13 pm wtf are you doing?
Yeah that's a very odd entry.

thepiney

#37 Post by thepiney »

Some of the links for the private entries are messed up. Function Generator Lite had download links pointing to CloseAll now but was to Wizfil or such. Several entries are listed for DuckDuckGo with the homepage and download links pointing to DuckDuckGO and the screenshots are for other programs.

Andrew Lee

#38 Post by Andrew Lee »

thepiney wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm Some of the links for the private entries are messed up. Function Generator Lite had download links pointing to CloseAll now but was to Wizfil or such. Several entries are listed for DuckDuckGo with the homepage and download links pointing to DuckDuckGO and the screenshots are for other programs.
Could you provide more specifics?

I searched for "Function Generator Lite" and there is only one entry added by Mixture. The download links for that entry are blank. Website points to "www.marchandelec.com/fg.html" though.

Searched for "DuckDuckGo". There are 4 private entries, all created by webfork. They all have unique IDs though, and I don't see any data corruption here.

thepiney

#39 Post by thepiney »

Here is the list I was looking at----> https://www.portablefreeware.com/index. ... B%23%5D&m=

The Function Generator Lite download links point to "CloseAll_3.1-setup.exe" from "web.archive.org". CloseAll entry is just above this entry.

A few entries down at "PDF Page Rotator" the website and download links point to duckduckgo.com.

On the entry for "DuckDuckGo 12.9" the website and download links do point to duckduckgo.com but the screenshot is off.... Showing "EaseUS - Partition Master Free".

On the entry for "DuckDuckGo 12.0" the download links point to duckduckgo.com but the website and screenshot show "EaseUS - Data Recovery Wizard Free".

DuckDuckGo 9.9 screenshot if for EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free.

DuckDuckGo 10.6 screenshot if for Todo Backup.

"EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.5" has a download link for CPix.zip. which is the entry just above the DRWFree.

I used to keep a couple basic XML files for building plugins for UBCD4Win and once in a while I would forget to edit an area which had similar affects. Perhaps Webfork and/or Mixture have been using a template for entries and simply forgot to update these areas?

billon

#40 Post by billon »

@thepiney:

Read the previous page, it was did on purpose, these entries was spam

thepiney

#41 Post by thepiney »

Sorry bout that, missed webfork's edit on post #18 which would have hopefully removed at least some of my confusion (maybe not).

If Andrew is seeing blank download links on Function Generator Lite entry, maybe something is up on my end?

Andrew Lee

#42 Post by Andrew Lee »

To reduce confusion, I have made a slight modification to stop displaying download links if they are blank.

billon

#43 Post by billon »

Mixture, why?!!
Why you again added entry to the DB SILENTLY, without any forum topic? How the fuck anybody can know about your additions?

Midas

#44 Post by Midas »

Please, folks, keep it civil. :|

webfork

#45 Post by webfork »

I lost Internet for over a week so my reply was delayed...
Ding-A-Ling wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:49 pm
billon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:18 pm How the fuck anybody can know about your additions?
That's easy enough for sufficiently motivated and interested members
First: billon has a legitimate concern. We really do need people to list a forum post along with a new entry for a long list of reasons. It's not a huge deal, but we've run into problems in the past around this. I've IM'd Mixture directly about this.

Second: billon does a lot of hard work here on entries and we appreciate his effort. That takes a lot of time and energy so if he takes entry status seriously, I certainly understand.
Last edited by webfork on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.