May you reflect downloads of only 32-bit and 64-bit?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
lwc

May you reflect downloads of only 32-bit and 64-bit?

#1 Post by lwc »

When programs have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the word "download" is replaced with "32-bit | 64-bit".
But https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=942, for example, has only a 32-bit download, but there's no way to know that from this site's screen.
Likewise https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2169, for example, has only a 64-bit download, but there's no to know that from this site's screen.

So if there's only 32-bit, can you just write "32-bit" instead of the word "download" and likewise "64-bit"?

Otherwise, people might download in vain something they can't run or run ineffiently.
Attachments
dual download.png
dual download.png (31.6 KiB) Viewed 8934 times
download.png
download.png (42.05 KiB) Viewed 8934 times

Andrew Lee

Re: May you reflect downloads of only 32-bit and 64-bit?

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have uploaded the fix.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

BTW, would it cost too much to make displaying ten entries the default instead of the current 5? It's the one thing I can't seem to make sticky and -- unless you're on a very small display, in which case you'd still have the 5-entry option -- doesn't make much sense to me...

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:00 am BTW, would it cost too much to make displaying ten entries the default instead of the current 5? It's the one thing I can't seem to make sticky and -- unless you're on a very small display, in which case you'd still have the 5-entry option -- doesn't make much sense to me...
It's actually quite easy to do, just that a default of 10 (to me) makes the front page appear too overwhelming to a casual browser.

Anyway, I will leave this here for another day to see if there are any objections. If not, I will make the switch to 10.

Alternatively, I think I can persist the setting to a cookie to make it stickier. Currently it uses a URL parameter "s=10", which I can see how it is not "sticky" enough.

Lemme know what you think.

Update: Changed default page size to 10. The selected page size is already saved in a cookie, so I am not sure why it is not sticky for you.

SYSTEM

#5 Post by SYSTEM »

Andrew Lee wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:51 am It's actually quite easy to do, just that a default of 10 (to me) makes the front page appear too overwhelming to a casual browser.

Anyway, I will leave this here for another day to see if there are any objections. If not, I will make the switch to 10.
No objections here. I too think 5 programs by default is too few.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020